Live Review from Adventure of the Seas October 14, 2017

Although you have 5K+ posts, you must be new to the RCI forum. Bob is everywhere, and always with great info. So much so that they made him a host a few months ago! He had exceeded 100K posts before then. I thought about counting the number of times that his post says simply "Welcome to Cruise Critic", but I lost count. ;p

I have been on since 2007 but never encountered any posts from him, I must go on the boring cruise boards! LOL. Our cruise boards, and our cruises, are always pretty lively, so it is strange that we have never encountered each other. But as of now, we have! Maybe we will even sail together sometime! I hope so!

Ernie

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on which venues you can use the drink card at?

(specifically the MDR and theater and in general anywhere else on the ship)

You can use the drink card at any bar or restaurant.

For anyone reading this thread that might have already stayed in a hotel in SJU please see the below thread....

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54356894#post54356894

If you have ACTUALLY STAYED at a hotel in SJ area since Oct 1...please go to the above thread and give us a report.

Thanks!

Can’t wait to hear about your last few days onboard and your day at the Marriott.

We are booked at the Marriott in a month and saw online the other day that their generator failed and were now dark. Hopefully you will be able to confirm that they are back up and running! Pictures of the pool area would be great, too!

Thanks so much for your great review. The week went way too fast!

You can get the drink card on the first day, just go to any bar and request it. It's $80 for 10 drinks plus the 18% gratuity. By day three it was discounted to $75 but I never saw it less than that.

Another great reason to do the San Juan Marriott Day Pass post cruise. The airport will not allow you to check in any earlier than 4 hours before your flight. Ship docks at 7am, so we could either sit outside the airport check in counter until 11:30am or enjoy a relaxing day at the Marriott by the pool. There is like no one else here.

a74d82306b398e6ac0ef03b4ec389e96.jpg

40c0fc128046057349600fbd1a2c9f13.jpg

2881ba15a89a94d5eff6cc03e665fec2.jpg

b13dcaa4f80f0538b5e26b0f59e9d582.jpg

e71eaf5dbdb3fd91787dca51def7f298.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t wait to hear about your last few days onboard and your day at the Marriott.

We are booked at the Marriott in a month and saw online the other day that their generator failed and were now dark. Hopefully you will be able to confirm that they are back up and running! Pictures of the pool area would be great, too!

Thanks so much for your great review. The week went way too fast!

The San Juan Marriott was back up and running this morning. Lobby was busy with relief workers, but the Cafe and gift shop was open and televisions in lobby were on. Pool was open and slide is working. There is also another Cafe out here by the pool that is open and a few customers having breakfast. CVS next door is open as well.

I apologize for the lacking review the last couple of days, I actually got a horrible cold, most likely from keeping my stateroom like an icebox and everywhere else was in the 80's. It started off with waking up on the second day with a sore throat and then by the third night it turned into exhausted with stuffiness. I bought some NyQuil on the ship fearful that they would quarantine me to my room, but all was good. Ordered room service of chicken soup and hot tea to and kept to my room for the evening. The NyQuil definitely helped with relief if the stuffy and sore throat and I changed the temperature in my room so it wasn't so cold. Disembarking was very quick and easy as I did self assist. I was off and in a taxi to the Marriott by 7:10am

The San Juan Marriott was back up and running this morning. Lobby was busy with relief workers, but the Cafe and gift shop was open and televisions in lobby were on. Pool was open and slide is working. There is also another Cafe out here by the pool that is open and a few customers having breakfast. CVS next door is open as well.

Thank you so much! The pictures have put me more at ease!

Sorry you got sick. That’s always a concern of mine, getting sick while on vacation.

Enjoy your day and safe travels home!

Following too, we are onboard Dec 9

Hi, I'm going on a cruise on Nov 11 and also staying in San Juan the night before the cruise. I am curious as to the conditions in SJ and we are also staying at the San Juan Marriott Miramar. Is that the hotel you are staying at? There are 2 Marriotts in SJ. I spoke to someone at the hotel yesterday and they are still on generators and lock their doors at 6pm for safety. This is the first time I am using this site so I hope I am doing this correctly. Thanks for any info you can give me.

mommamia: We will also be at the San Juan Marriott Miramar, but in Dec. Would be great if you could provide an update on conditions while you are there or when you return.

Following too, we are onboard Dec 9

mommamia: We will also be at the San Juan Marriott Miramar, but in Dec. Would be great if you could provide an update on conditions while you are there or when you return.

I will be happy to give you an update. If I can post from there, I certainly will. I'm planning on calling there again soon to check on things.

Also wondering about the day at the Marriott, as we don't leave San Juan until 6:00pm.

Did the price includes lunch and if so how was it? Were there different choices?

Was it easy to get a taxi from the Marriott to the airport?

Thanks!

Happychippy' date=' how much was the day pass to the the Marriott and what did it include? It looked very nice.

Sorry about your illness. That just stinks.

Nevertheless, we loved your posts!

Renee[/quote']

happychippy, I have enjoyed reading your review. Thank you for writing it. We are considering the Adventure next year when she comes to NJ and we will be visiting some of the same ports that you visited when we are on the Anthem this coming January.

I had a horrific cold/virus/sinus infection on land over the past couple of weeks that drained me. Sorry to hear that this happened to you on your cruise. Hope that you are feeling better soon.