do the REALLY search / scan checked bags?

pebs99

Curious, do they really scan and search your checked bags? Do they search your carryon? the last time I cruised was 1.5 yrs ago and I dont recall them searching my carryon. Can I pack wine or liquor in my checked bag? And can I bring a carton of cigs?:p

all baggage will be scanned in those xray scanners that is commonly found at airports and other places. Wine, Liquor and other drinks need to be carried on ONLY, do not place them in your checked bag

---

When they xray scan your bag and they see anything strange, they can open up your bag and search thru it.

i have seen dogs sniffing bags at the pier. i have also read that checked bags get a more intense exray scan than check in bags which is like at the airport. they are clamping down on things that are restricted. especially booze, irons and drugs. im not saying you are thinking of doing that at all. it is just the way it is now. so yes, they scan checked and carry-on bags.

Yes, all checked bags go thru screening. If thesy see anything suspicious, they can open and search your bag.

Carryons also go thru scanning and are searched if necessary.

Each line has their own list of prohibited items

On our last cruise, we even had a travel iron confiscated by security. We've never had an issue with getting it on before, but alas... we finally got a trip to the naughty room...

Ah yes, those travel irons will do it every time.

I never got caught with a rum runner. Last cruise we had 5 couples and about 18 of the 32 oz rum runners and 11 of the 8 oz rum runners. Distributed throughout our checked luggage. No problems.

Archived