Upgrading to a balcony

wulber

Are there any extra perks to be had upgrading a balcony after final payment.

Do you get any extra obc when upgrading a balcony.

We have an ov guarantee cabin and today for an extra £50pp we can go up to a balcony guarantee.

Not sure whether to book or wait and see how the prices go there are still 57% of the cabins for sale.

We travel on the 19/5/12

Perks for a balcony is the cabin size and the balcony. No other perks until you upgrade to a suite. We personally enjoy the balcony in the early morning and before getting ready for dinner

Bill

No extra OBC but if you were a Platinum or above C&A member then you would get a balcony discount.

For £50pp I would move to the Balcony GTY :D I love sitting out on the balcony as the ship comes into port ..and sitting out there at night looking at the stars :D

Are there any extra perks to be had upgrading a balcony after final payment.

Do you get any extra obc when upgrading a balcony.

We have an ov guarantee cabin and today for an extra £50pp we can go up to a balcony guarantee.

Not sure whether to book or wait and see how the prices go there are still 57% of the cabins for sale.

We travel on the 19/5/12

Be very careful-- once you have a balcony, you will never take an OV again!

For me, having a balcony is the very best part of cruising.

I vote for grabbing it! And have a terrific cruise!

Linda

Our first cruise we made the mistake of having a balcony. We love it soooo much I won't consider an OV. We sit on the balcony in the morning. Watch from the balcony as we "park" at the dock. I go out on the balcony at night. The wake is a bright white, you can hear the ocean, and you can sometimes see the trailing shps with all their lights which is fun to watch - ok don't ask me why it is fun I just like gazing out at the stars and lights from the balcony and feel peaceful.

If it were me I would take it in a second. No perks other than extra room. Unfortunately, we were upgraded to a JS on our second cruise. The third I took the JS for a mere $70 pp more. Going to be hard to go back to a balcony but I will have to for our Spring 2013 as the suites were all gone.

Our first cruise we made the mistake of having a balcony. We love it soooo much I won't consider an OV. We sit on the balcony in the morning. Watch from the balcony as we "park" at the dock. I go out on the balcony at night. The wake is a bright white, you can hear the ocean, and you can sometimes see the trailing shps with all their lights which is fun to watch - ok don't ask me why it is fun I just like gazing out at the stars and lights from the balcony and feel peaceful.

If it were me I would take it in a second. No perks other than extra room. Unfortunately, we were upgraded to a JS on our second cruise. The third I took the JS for a mere $70 pp more. Going to be hard to go back to a balcony but I will have to for our Spring 2013 as the suites were all gone.

We were upgrade to a JS on the Freedom. Debating weether to book our next as a JS or Balcony.

Bill

When your side is parked facing pier one fun balcony perk is the entertainment - watching for "runners" returning almost too late. If you are watching the runners you know you won't be missig the ship. ;)

Thanks for your replies.

We had an aft balcony on our Princess cruise last October and loved it.

We opted for an inside this time as we didn't have alot of time to save.

We then got a price drop of £20 pp and then we upgraded to an ov guarantee for an extra £10 pp (£1099).so we are doing quite well at working our way up.

If we take the balcony(£1149) we will only be paying £30 more each than what we were paying for our inside q cabin originally(£1119)

We love, love, love the balcony. I would go for it!

We wake up and use the balcony each morning before breakfast, and we usually end our evenings on the balcony with a glass of wine.

My 3 1/2 yr old son loves hanging out on the balcony watching the water and looking at the stars at night. He has been on four cruises and lucky for him they have all been balcony cabins.

My first three cruises were in inside cabins, and we have had a balcony ever since.

Bill S.

Dallas, TX

Luke. Give yourself to the Dark Side!

You don't know the power of the Dark Side!

Now, I'm not saying that all cruise company execs are Darth Vader’s, but once you give yourself over to the balcony you can never go back, and your wallet will permanently be lighter!

..But it's worth it!!!

...Especially the extended aft view balconies....

.... and the junior suites....

.......and I just love the grand suites. :D

I'm just kidding of course but after my wife and I moved up from an OV to our first balcony we were HOOKED. Now it's aft balconies and the suites sound really cool.

We are going on a short cruise next week on the Monarch and hope we're not disappointed with a JS on that grand old lady.

Enjoy your balcony and welcome!!!!

We had a balcony on our first cruise, and can't have anything else now!! Love sitting on the balcony early in the morning watching us dock at port, and you can't believe the amount of stars you see sitting on your balcony at night!!

can you do a courtesy hold after final payment.

How does that work if you don't book it do you have to cancel it or does it just get wiped off the system after 24 hrs.

Yes, you can do a courtesy hold after final payment...if you don't book then it just drops off after 24 hours...hope you were able to get your upgrade...

Oh well is was bad news.

I phoned when I got home from work tonight and the price had gone down to £1099 the same price I paid for my ov guarantee but I was told it would cost another £197 to upgrade.

She said she thought that price was for new bookings only so I said that I wouldn't bother.

Can anyone tell me were it would say for new bookings only.

I have had the same today, looking around today at our cruise in a few weeks time for us to upgrade from oceanview to balcony was going to cost around £150 or so, so rung up to upgrade and was told that as its not a new booking it would actually be nearly £1000 to upgrade! Just a joke, personally I think stinks, if I was asking for a free upgrade fair enough, but I am willing to pay for the move, but they wont have it unless its at the stupid rate! So told em to forget it!

Can anyone tell me were it would say for new bookings only.

It doesn't say anywhere on the website that price shown is for new bookings only, the site sees you as a new customer and therefore shows the cheapest best price.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

It may be worth trying again though...sometimes a different agent will see things differently....doesn't hurt to try perhaps.

I keep a price point on the value of a balcony of about $20 per person per day. So on a seven day cruise I'd be willing to spend about $280 more to have a balcony. But that's just me. The value is different for everyone. But $50 is pretty much a no-brainer.

We won't cruise unless it is a balcony and now that we've tried the Junior Suite, we are in trouble! But, we will go back to a regular balcony. We spend lots of time in the room. We do not go to the pool too much. Going to the balcony every night and morning is excellent as well as reading out there.

Archived