Last minute cruise cancellation RCCL

cruisetime25

My niece was admitted to Hospice and is very, very ill with surgery not possible. If she passes before our cruise on Oct 15th, 2017, will our RCCL insurance give us any refund or future cruise credit? I can't find any travel insurance papers from my travel agent and haven't been able to reach them today.

Death of immediate family member is covered and niece is defined as immediate family member.

However, hospice may indicate pre existing condition. Which is not covered.

Why do you think the insurance would require the immediate family member to have no pre-existing condition? I can understand if I had a pre-existing condition and they weren't informed before I bought the insurance, but why the family member?

Why do you think the insurance would require the immediate family member to have no pre-existing condition? I can understand if I had a pre-existing condition and they weren't informed before I bought the insurance, but why the family member?

Why do I think???

Doesn't matter what I think.

I "think" I don't trust lawyers and legal documents because there are always clauses that "they" interpret different from you and I. What you and I think may be obvious is irrelevant. It's what the law thinks is obvious.

Therefore, I gave you the answer that is clear (Niece is considered family member) and I gave you a possibility of what may not be clear (hospice may indicate pre-existing condition). Now whether the insurance policy that you mentioned waives any possible pre-existing conditions for family members or not,,, I'm sure you can research as easily as I did by googleing RCCL insurance.

However, you are welcome that I took the time to try to help.

I would be more concerned about not having any papers regarding the insurance than whether or not the insurance would consider hospice to be a pre-existing condition. One of the advantages, one of the few advantages, of getting insurance through the cruise line itself is that they often waive the pre-existing condition restriction. Furthermore, in order for something to be considered a pre-existing condition it would have to predate the purchase. We are all going to pass away someday so mortality is not considered a pre-existing condition. If the niece went into hospice after purchasing the cruise then that event wouldn't constitute a pre-existing condition.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

My niece was admitted to Hospice and is very, very ill with surgery not possible. If she passes before our cruise on Oct 15th, 2017, will our RCCL insurance give us any refund or future cruise credit? I can't find any travel insurance papers from my travel agent and haven't been able to reach them today.

I am very sorry about your niece's situation.

My suggestion would be to contact RCCI directly on this. You might also want to post on the RCI site to see what other people's experiences have been .

Keith