Silhouette: Guests' choir? Does it still happen on cruises?

MrsNorman

In 2016 we went to Iceland and Ireland on the Eclipse and my husband enjoyed taking part in the Guests' choir. It was produced by a member of the entertainments team called Rachel, I can't remember her surname and she was very good as a producer. The choir performed on the last day in the theatre. This year we are going to the Baltic on Silhouette in May and I was wondering if anyone who had been on Silhouette recently remembered seeing one being put on or took part themselves? It would be nice if he could take part on our Baltic cruise!

In 2016 we went to Iceland and Ireland on the Eclipse and my husband enjoyed taking part in the Guests' choir. It was produced by a member of the entertainments team called Rachel, I can't remember her surname and she was very good as a producer. The choir performed on the last day in the theatre. This year we are going to the Baltic on Silhouette in May and I was wondering if anyone who had been on Silhouette recently remembered seeing one being put on or took part themselves? It would be nice if he could take part on our Baltic cruise!

Perhaps this is an Eclipse tradition, we saw it on the Eclipse on a cruise in February. I don't remember seeing it on Silhouette cruises.

It certainly isn’t a regular occurrence. We’ve been on about a dozen Celebrity cruises and only had one passenger choir. This was on a Transatlantic cruise that occurred over Easter. It was a lot fun to participate in it.

Thanks for your replies everyone. It looks as if it may be a "no" then ... However we are also going on the Bravo chartered Cruise just before the Baltic one on Silhouette and there is definitely going to be a choir on the Bravo. I am sure we will have a great time on our Baltic Cruise anyway. Cheers!

We have had a choir on Silhouette it was a few years ago on a cruise to Israel. My husband took part, they did a fantastic performance in the last day.

Chiko a member of the entertainment staff was the choir master he was amazing. I so wish we could come across him again on any cruise he was a brilliant singer, he made the Karaoke worth going to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have had a choir on Silhouette it was a few years ago on a cruise to Israel. My husband took part, they did a fantastic performance in the last day.

Chiko a member of the entertainment staff was the choir master he was amazing. I so wish we could come across him again on any cruise he was a brilliant singer, he made the Karaoke worth going to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, that is good to hear! Maybe I will contact Celebrity and specially request a guest choir on our Baltic cruise! There were many people on our Iceland cruise who enjoyed the experience. They obviously need a choir master with the right skills mix and personality to do it though, like Chiko was on your cruise to Israel and like Rachel, who was the choir mistress on our cruise. She was excellent too. She could sing every one of the different parts with no effort when training the choir. I wonder what they are doing now?

We were on Equinox for a Med cruise a few years ago, and there was a choir that performed on the last sea day in the Atrium. One of our friends was in the choir and she told us that choirs are only formed on cruises lasting longer than 7 days. So on a Baltics cruise, you might be in luck! Enjoy your cruise and take care of the ship, as we will be boarding June 9. ;)

We were on Equinox for a Med cruise a few years ago, and there was a choir that performed on the last sea day in the Atrium. One of our friends was in the choir and she told us that choirs are only formed on cruises lasting longer than 7 days. So on a Baltics cruise, you might be in luck! Enjoy your cruise and take care of the ship, as we will be boarding June 9. ;)

Thank you, and you enjoy your cruise too! :)

We had it on the Reflection and I’ve seen it “advertised” on the back page of the daily schedule. No write up, just a time listed for practice. Perhaps you can find recent Dailies from Silhouette and see if they’ve had any listed.

We had it on the Reflection and I’ve seen it “advertised” on the back page of the daily schedule. No write up, just a time listed for practice. Perhaps you can find recent Dailies from Silhouette and see if they’ve had any listed.

Thank you for your reply. What I decided to do was to go on the Celebrity website and I noticed they had live chat. I "spoke" to someone and asked if there were guest choirs on the Silhouette and he said he would get in touch with the ship and see if he could get any information that way. He will email me back within 72 hours. We're not really worried if there is no choir. But it would be nice to know.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a bit late answering this, but since it's not May yet, perhaps not TOO late! We were on the Eclipse, April 1-15, and there was both a choir AND a flash mob. My husband and I participated in the choir and enjoyed it very much. It was headed up by two of the singer/dancer performers, with piano accompaniment. We practiced twice, both on at-sea days, and performed the last night on the steps in the Grand Foyer. Fun!!!

I have really enjoyed participating in the passenger choir on cruises with a different company and really hope there will be one on our cruise to the med on Silhouette. It is a round trip from Southampton and, as such, more than 7 days, so I might be in luck! Perhaps I will contact someone nearer to the departure date . . .

I'm a bit late answering this, but since it's not May yet, perhaps not TOO late! We were on the Eclipse, April 1-15, and there was both a choir AND a flash mob. My husband and I participated in the choir and enjoyed it very much. It was headed up by two of the singer/dancer performers, with piano accompaniment. We practiced twice, both on at-sea days, and performed the last night on the steps in the Grand Foyer. Fun!!!

We were on that same cruise. I was so impressed with the choir's performance. You all looked and sounded so nice on those Atrium stairs. I wish I could sing because I love music, but my singing would sink the ship! Congratulations to you for your lovely choir.

That's wonderful news to hear that Celebrity guest choirs are still being held. I contacted Celebrity to see if they were going to have a choir on the Silhouette cruise that we are going on in May/June and he said he would get back to me but didn't. But a few days ago someone who is on Silhouette at the moment and doing a great blog, messaged me to say that there was a choir on that sailing. All this is very encouraging so it seems likely that my husband Norman will be able to take part on our cruise. He finds it very fun to do! It creates great memories and I love to go and see the end result.

Well Mrs Norman ... as you know, there will definitely be a ship's choir on our music charter cruise on Silhouette in May.

I look forward to hearing Mr Norman singing his heart out. 😄

Yes! There will definitely be a choir on that one. Thank you, hopefully you will hear Norman singing his heart out in that!

See you soon

Trish and Norman

I was in the guests' choir on the Eclipse in 2016 and part of the flash mob and choir combo when we sailed with here again this earlier this year. Both of these sailings were 14 day cruises with 5 sea days. The first time, we performed more songs and rehearsed on all of the sea days; this time (I think) we rehearsed on the last 3 sea days. So I would think that the guest choir would only be offered on sailings when there are enough sea days to hold the rehearsals.

Sue

I was in the guests' choir on the Eclipse in 2016 and part of the flash mob and choir combo when we sailed with here again this earlier this year. Both of these sailings were 14 day cruises with 5 sea days. The first time, we performed more songs and rehearsed on all of the sea days; this time (I think) we rehearsed on the last 3 sea days. So I would think that the guest choir would only be offered on sailings when there are enough sea days to hold the rehearsals.

Sue

Thanks for your reply, Sue. The choirs are great fun and my husband loves to take part. We're going on two consecutive cruises on Silhouette next month, the first one is the charter Bravo and as Lottie said, there will be a choir on that one as it is part of the entertainment (even though it is only seven days). The next one is the Baltic and we have five sea days - so I am very hopeful that there will be a choir on that one too! The choir Norman was in on a previous cruise was on the Eclipse, so I have been trying to find out if they do the same on the Silhouette! It seems that they do so that is wonderful.