Infinity drydock

lullman1

I have been following the Celebrity Infinity propulsion issues, since I will be sailing on her later this year. It was my understanding that after her last itinerary, that she would be going to the Bahamas into dry dock to have one of the pods repaired. Checking on one of the ship mapping apps, it shows that she is sailing south towards Cristobol Panama. Does anybody know if there is a dry dock there or where the dry dock is that she is heading towards? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Infinity May 17 out of San Diego. Should I be worried?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Worried about what? :confused:

Shes having LOTS of work done, as they almost make the most of dry dock time and not just fixing the issue she went in for.

I don't think funkygran expressing some concern about a post dry dock cruise in this case is unusual, although those who are joining the ship is San Diego might have a little more concern than funky gran. This dry dock was not a scheduled dry dock, the primary purpose is to correct an issue with one of the pods that developed while she was in South America. To accommodate this dry dock, X had to cancel a 16 day cruise, not an easy decision, I'm sure. I think someone could always be concerned that the initial problem was correctly diagnosed and the fix they have planned will do the trick. Then there always is the worry when you open up the item in question you will find the unexpected as in Murphy's law.

While I wouldn't be overly concerned, I would be casting a wary eye on the progress of this dry dock.

Well the Infinity has just left Balboa for the second time. I don't if there is anything that can be read into that, but she left once before earlier this afternoon heading to the anchorage and the next thing she was back at the dry dock. Hope it is all blue skies and calm seas to San Diego on two pods.

Well the Infinity has just left Balboa for the second time. I don't if there is anything that can be read into that, but she left once before earlier this afternoon heading to the anchorage and the next thing she was back at the dry dock. Hope it is all blue skies and calm seas to San Diego on two pods.

Interesting. Thanks for that update.

Interesting. Thanks for that update.

I checked the Marine Traffic web site when I got home for work and she was headed south east (away from the locks!!)

When I checked it again just now, she's passed though the locks and in the Pacific headed for San Diego!! Yipee!

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-79.9/centery:7.2/zoom:10

She listed her expected arrival as late afternoon on the 17th. I wonder if she intends to make up time or already expects to be late. No passengers to disembark so I assume she could arrive as late as noon and still make next week's ports.

She listed her expected arrival as late afternoon on the 17th. I wonder if she intends to make up time or already expects to be late. No passengers to disembark so I assume she could arrive as late as noon and still make next week's ports.

From some rough figures of mine to get to San Diego by the morning of the 17th she will need to run about 22 knots,that shouldn't be an issue with two pods.

Could she have been doing a testing run earlier today and then returned to gather up the crew?

It could have very well been a little test "drive". From what I was told there were people from Rolls Royce present for the repairs and they may have disembarked after the test.