Smoking area windsurf.

Sam Ting

We are considering a cruise on the windsurf. We have never tried windstar.

Question is is there a nice comfortable smoking area? We like to smoke especially on vacation but we also like to follow the rules.

I tried searching but couldn’t find any recent experiences.

Thank you

It's right on Windstar's webpage:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/voyage-plan/faqs/#SmokingPolicy

Smoking is allowed on aft deck, on one side. Don't remember which side. There will be ashtrays out.

If you book, would you consider using me for a referral? Both of us would receive $100 onboard credit.

https://www.windstarcruises.com/yacht-club/refer-a-friend/

Edited by 6rugrats

Thanks but looking for recent experience. Last year we were in azamara and while the smoking area was quite nice, it was too small. There was always the same drunk old hag there holding court. She was very annoying.

The smoking area on Azamara is actually pretty nice and larger than I would have thought. On my Azamara cruises there were never more than 7 people in it. It bothered me because there were so many empty seats that went unused because non smokers did not want to sit there.

Can't do much about the other passengers but calling someone a hag is uncalled for.

The smoking area on Azamara is actually pretty nice and larger than I would have thought. On my Azamara cruises there were never more than 7 people in it. It bothered me because there were so many empty seats that went unused because non smokers did not want to sit there.

Can't do much about the other passengers but calling someone a hag is uncalled for.

I you experienced her you would have called her a lot worse!

There are three areas for smoking.You can smoke on the pool deck, port side. There are several tables on that level, some usually with shade. There is a bar on this level, not always open. One deck up, same side, a couple of tables outside the Compass Rose bar, some areas covered. One more deck up, you can smoke same side, two or three tables. The small bar up there is never open, but the waiters are always happy to carry a drink/nuts up and to check on you after. The tiny bar area there used to be a cigar lounge.

There have been just a couple of smokers on each of the cruises we've taken on that ship.

There are three areas for smoking.You can smoke on the pool deck, port side. There are several tables on that level, some usually with shade. There is a bar on this level, not always open. One deck up, same side, a couple of tables outside the Compass Rose bar, some areas covered. One more deck up, you can smoke same side, two or three tables. The small bar up there is never open, but the waiters are always happy to carry a drink/nuts up and to check on you after. The tiny bar area there used to be a cigar lounge.

There have been just a couple of smokers on each of the cruises we've taken on that ship.

Thank you for the information. Enjoy your next cruise!

I am surprised there are multiple places for smokers on a small ship. If the whole port side on the pool deck allows smokers isn't the starboard side pool deck always full while the port side is mostly empty? I sure would never attempt to sit on a side of the pool where someone might light up. I thought Windstar smoking policy was more restrictive.

I am surprised there are multiple places for smokers on a small ship. If the whole port side on the pool deck allows smokers isn't the starboard side pool deck always full while the port side is mostly empty? I sure would never attempt to sit on a side of the pool where someone might light up. I thought Windstar smoking policy was more restrictive.

It seems like a large area from my description, but it is not. There are generally few smokers ( less all the time) onboard.

The decks are less crowded and much more open than mainstream cruise lines.

Edited by Pudgesmom