Deck chair incidents?

peanut123

Never an incident with the chair itself, however there have been some incidences with the inhabitants of said chairs...

In early 2017, there was the infamous girl fight with biting incident on the Diamond in Asia...:o

What's the Goat Locker?

It's a "Navy thing". Just Google the term. You may find it interesting. I did back when I first heard the term. :)

As for the OP: Nope. Never. Worst thing to happen to me was I failed to check the lounger and plopped myself down on a totally sodden cushion one evening. Ewwwwwww...... I was dressed and ready to watch a movie. I do also have difficulty getting onto the loungers because I'm extremely stiff. I really can't imagine you will find anybody who has had this issue.

The deck chairs that I have seen on all my 30+ Princess cruises do not have legs that fold. Only the back can be raised or lowered. The chair could not fold up on someone sitting down unless that person weighs a ton and drops on the chair from a height rather than lowering themselves slowly onto the chair.

Anyone searching for something to sue about needs to look elsewhere-----preferably on another cruise line.

Prices are high enough without charging enough to cover expenses for frivolous or fraudulent law suits.

while cruising on princess, has anyone ever had

an incident involving a deck chair suddenly folding up

on them when attempting to sit down?

No, the chairs can't fold.

While cruising on princess, has anyone ever had

an incident involving a deck lounge chair suddenly folding up

No, the chairs can't fold.

What's the Goat Locker?

In the Navy the term Goat Locker pertains to the compartment on a ship in which those crew members holding the rank of Chief Petty Officer, Senior Chief Petty Officer, or Master Chief Petty Officer are housed. These are the 3 highest ranks of the non-commissioned officers. The term Goat comes from the fact that the Chiefs are older, (old goats), than the majority of enlisted and commissioned officer personnel.

Chiefs are those people that smart junior commissioned officers go to in order to learn the workings of the Navy, its ships, and the areas of expertise of the personnel that make up a crew.

(Full disclosure----I was not a Chief during my time in the Navy)

while cruising on princess, has anyone ever had

an incident involving a deck chair suddenly folding up

Wait there I'll try it, I just have to remove the towel that someone left there before I sit down.

In the Navy the term Goat Locker pertains to the compartment on a ship in which those crew members holding the rank of Chief Petty Officer, Senior Chief Petty Officer, or Master Chief Petty Officer are housed. These are the 3 highest ranks of the non-commissioned officers. The term Goat comes from the fact that the Chiefs are older, (old goats), than the majority of enlisted and commissioned officer personnel.

Chiefs are those people that smart junior commissioned officers go to in order to learn the workings of the Navy, its ships, and the areas of expertise of the personnel that make up a crew.

(Full disclosure----I was not a Chief during my time in the Navy)

This resource has a much different reason for the term "goat locker".

The Goat Locker

The “Goat Locker” is the traditional term for the senior enlisted mess aboard a ship. All sailors know and many fear the term, but few know how the goat locker came to be.

Following the establishment of the rank of Chief Petty Officer in the days of wooden sailing ships, goats were kept aboard due to their ability to consume nearly all kinds of refuse and provide milk was highly valued by the crew. Anybody that’s ever kept a goat knows they’ll eat nearly anything, which is highly valuable on a ship that has garbage that needs “recycling.”

When the rank of Chief Petty Officer was established, no ships had separate berthings for senior enlisted personnel. The newly-minted chiefs gladly accepted the same quarters as the ship’s goat, leading one to question exactly how bad the normal enlisted quarters were.

By tradition, all sailors and officers (including the commanding officer) are required to request permission before entering the chief’s mess, or Goat Locker. The tradition stands with rare exception even today, upon pain of extreme and scathing rebuke and embarrassment by the Command Master Chief, a creature who is typically not known for having a profound and inspiring patience for nonsense.