Should I be worried about the Summit?

cruisingforever20

I’ve sailed on the Summit to Bermuda back in 2014 and thought it was one of my best cruises. I’m thinking about going on it again but some reviews that I’ve seen haven’t been great. Has the Summit gone downhill and should it be avoided? Or should I ignore the reviews and go anyway?

I’d really appreciate your help.

Summit is still as wonderful as when you were on it in 2014.

We have sailed her in 2012, 2013, 2016 and 2017 and as always the crew, the food and the ambiance were great each time. I have never had a bad experience on the Summit.

Yes, she's an older ship and has some wear and tear, but she is well maintained and you can see the crew is very happy on her.

I am sure there are some bad reviews, but there are many many good reviews.

Have sailed on the summit every year since 2012, planning another cruise next year. The ship has been refurbished many times, sure she doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the newer ships, but is still great. The staff is superb. My only negative comments is that the cabins and lesser suites need to be refurbished as well. Perhaps they will be soon

We saw similar kinds of reviews before sailing on the Infinity (Summit's sister ship). It was in great shape, and had nothing at all wrong with it - very well maintained. In fact, it was in far better shape than a Carnival "older ship" we sailed in 2010. Comparatively, they would have been about the same age. If the Infinity is any comparison, you will enjoy the Summit!

Does the change in Captain make a difference or concern anyone. Apparently Captain Kate made quite a difference.

Not to us. As long as whoever the is captain driving the ship gets us to our ports of call safely and on time is all that matters to us..

We just got off the Summit on Saturday . The staff is amazing ! The food is delicious in all areas! We had no complaints at all! Embarkation and disembarkation were the smoothest we have ever experienced in our 21 cruises!She is an older ship, but in great shape.Entertainment was great too! I would go back in a heartbeat!

Does the change in Captain make a difference or concern anyone. Apparently Captain Kate made quite a difference.

Why in the world would anyone have a concern over who the Capt of the vessel is? I am sure that anyone who is in charge of a ship for Celebrity cruises is fully capable of doing their job. Our last couple of Summit cruises were commanded by Capt Alex and he did a wonderful job!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's 4 years older that when you were last on her. If you think that is an issue don't go. Otherwise, don't worry. Celebrity maintains their fleet to a more than acceptable standard

We also had a similar concern regarding bad reviews on Infinity. Sailed her several times in the past couple of years and had no issues at all -in fact quite the opposite. Some people just happen to have a bad experience. Some people just don't like M class ships at all - yes they are older, smaller, and have fewer venues of entertainment/lounges. Yes they show that age a little more than S class, but are always kept in good to very good shape. But overall I prefer M class to S class any day. Very much looking forward to our upcoming B2B on Millennium and would not hesitate to book Summit.