Whats a P&O cruise like?

Dinglebert

Everyone of our five P&O cruises have been excellent.

The food service and entertainment have all been wonderful and superior to anything on a land based holiday. They have all been fantastic value for money.

We have cruised with four cruiselines over the years and only one has been a disappointment but others thoroughly enjoy it. The only way to find what suits is to try them out but go with a positive attitude and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Happy cruising x

To Berlingo, I have been cruising with P & O for 12 years and have always been very satisfied. This last time, on the Arcadia, the only open deck where you could eat and get a drink was plagued with unrelenting loud radio one type music. Half of the deck was a designated smoking area, making it unpleasant for non-smokers. Unfortunately, for the first time ever, I met some rude passengers, feet on tables and chairs. I wonder if they would act like this in their homes.

Up until now our single cruise has been with RCI. We're booked to go again with them this year. However for next year all the choices at the moment are P&O but I'm unsure.

What I enjoyed this year on RCI was being part of a multi-national group of passengers. 50 plus countries represented. Announcements in 3 languages etc

What I don't want from a holiday is an upgraded Butlin's full of Brits wearing football shirts. Now I know that says far more about me than them but that's just the way I am.

The first thing I have done on looking at the cruises is to go to You Tube and view the ships. What caught my eye was the setting off from Southampton with all the Union Jacks and singing of patriotic songs.

What are the cruises actually like? The adverts at the moment with Rob Brydon seem my type of cruise and I am struggling to know which is the reality or do you make your own reality.

I know this makes me come across as a bit of a snob and I am indeed a bit like that but more I know what sort of holiday I would enjoy and enforced jollity isn't my cup of tea.

We prefer RC but have sailed plenty of times on P&O.

The pluses for P&O=

British entertainment in theatre.

£sterling is on board currency.

Great choice of beers.

Much cheaper drinks.

No added gratuitys on every drink.

£6pppd autogratuities are about half RC.

Most sailings from Southampton.

We prefer RC but have sailed plenty of times on P&O.

The pluses for P&O=

British entertainment in theatre.

£sterling is on board currency.

Great choice of beers.

Much cheaper drinks.

No added gratuitys on every drink.

£6pppd autogratuities are about half RC.

Most sailings from Southampton.

New dress code from January 1st 2018 to stop poor or obscene t. shirts etc.

But have any issues and they have an awful customer relations department in my experience.

Seems if all goes well they are OK but not if it doesn't.

P&O are not alone in CR complaints.

Hopefully it is very rare you need to contact them,we haven't to date had to.

P&O are not alone in CR complaints.

Hopefully it is very rare you need to contact them,we haven't to date had to.

Not yet had cruise....they play fast and loose with your data and when you complain they promise

Thank you for your message which is now being allocated to our team of experts here at P&O Cruises. Please accept this email as confirmation that we have received your message. However, please do not reply to this particular email address as replies will neither be read or responded to.

We aim to respond to your enquiry within 5 days. If further investigation is required, it may take longer and in some complex situations up to 28 days can be required to respond. We will, however, notify you if this is the case.

That was Jan 1st and still no further information about the delay or that they will not bother to respond.

Trouble is when all is plain sailing and there are no problems that's OK, but I can only believe that they are swamped with problems and issues and cannot even tell people that there is a general delay or things might get lost.

It is those companies that you do not want to deal with, just incase you are, perhaps (?) a rarity.

We are on the Britannia on the 8th April for 14 night's. A balcony for £1200 each. On celebrity this would cost

twice as much. And the drink's are so much cheaper.

If you want a CHEAP holiday choose P&O, if you want a good holiday Choose Celebrity.

We are on the Britannia on the 8th April for 14 night's. A balcony for £1200 each. On celebrity this would cost

twice as much. And the drink's are so much cheaper.

We are on Celebrity Eclipse next month, large balcony that is useage and cost us £1650 each with free Classic alcohol drinks package and $300 obc. No comparison and we can eat the food on Celebrity.

We've been on two Celebrity cruises and found them both to be excellent. On Azura 14 night Western Med in April will be interesting to compare them, first time on P&O. We disembark on 27 April and embark on Celebrity Silhouette on 30 to the Norweigan Fjords. Will post again when we're back. Will be interesting to compare them.

I prefer RCI and Celebrity. P&O is my third choice if sailing out of Southampton, but often my first choice for the Caribbean, it is a big bonus avoiding immigration in the US. There are plus and minuses between all cruiselines. If you have found a cruise and the price is right then give it a go.

Hi...if having a multi national vibe to a cruise is important to you then you may be disappointed with P&O because most of the clientele are British and at times the "entertainment" can be a bit staid especially in comparison with RCI. If you are wanting more of a multi national feel and announcements in different languages and a positive zingy vibe at night and need to cruise out from Southampton then I would consider MSC. We have done a couple of cruises with them and really liked them and will certainly cruise with them again. They have a multi national clientele because they allow Embarkation & disembarkation at different ports so it is mixed nationalities. I would describe MSC cruises as understated class.

I think MSC out of European ports would best be described as ‘rowdy’! I think the largely Italian clientele belong to the Italian equivalent of ‘Butlins’! Never have I experienced a louder, ruder group of passengers - however MSC out of Ft Lauderdale was much better. That said I still enjoyed the cruises with them - just something to bear in mind.

I’ve never sailed P&O but I’m guessing it will be similar to a Princess cruise we took once which started in Barbados and had direct TUI flights from Gatwick - football on big screens etc and many football shirts, not what we were used to on Princess!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a seasoned cruiser on different brands, not loyal to any brand, I pick a destination and then find a ship that goes there, I feel that you might want to look at Costa Cruises for your next one. All the things you like are on Costa and being Italian, it's laidback and enjoyable.

I did my first P&O cruise this past Christmas and found that P&O stands for Plain & Ordinary. Was disappointed with how the little things were done, Royal seems to do them better, i.e. Christmas special drinks ran out before 24 hours into a 10-night cruise.

Doing first P&O Azura to Norway wanted to do Norway and wanted to try P&O UK. Love the look of Britannia maybe next time. Have found with other lines there intends to be more similarities than differences with things like food quality being subjective. We're looking for great itinerary, good food, great company (or at least people to chat with) and a sense of day at sea and getting dressed for a night out in the evenings. Loved Celebrity Eclipse/Solstice ship decor but can be dearer for us (might be an OZ thing) and drinks/speciality dining more expensive - having said that they always seem to have 1,2,3 promotion. We've found RCI, Princess and Celebrity all had multiple nationalities and ages but obviously cruises out of particular ports appeal to locals... Independence from Southampton was a longer cruise (18 nights) so older passengers and while it had a lot of activities most onboard entertainment was geared to them eg. pianist singalongs... Now we consider not just the itinerary and ship, but also duration and departure port. Having said that they have all been wonderful and the ships are often big enough to avoid what doesn't appeal...

Up until now our single cruise has been with RCI. We're booked to go again with them this year. However for next year all the choices at the moment are P&O but I'm unsure.

What I enjoyed this year on RCI was being part of a multi-national group of passengers. 50 plus countries represented. Announcements in 3 languages etc

What I don't want from a holiday is an upgraded Butlin's full of Brits wearing football shirts. Now I know that says far more about me than them but that's just the way I am.

The first thing I have done on looking at the cruises is to go to You Tube and view the ships. What caught my eye was the setting off from Southampton with all the Union Jacks and singing of patriotic songs.

What are the cruises actually like? The adverts at the moment with Rob Brydon seem my type of cruise and I am struggling to know which is the reality or do you make your own reality.

I know this makes me come across as a bit of a snob and I am indeed a bit like that but more I know what sort of holiday I would enjoy and enforced jollity isn't my cup of tea.

We have done 4 on each. Initially RCI and then P&O.

IMHO, and fear of being shot down, RCI are for the young at heart and mixed clientele, and P&O are for mainly Brits and cater for the relaxed cruiser. That is reflected by the on board entertainment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done 4 on each. Initially RCI and then P&O.

IMHO, and fear of being shot down, RCI are for the young at heart and mixed clientele, and P&O are for mainly Brits and cater for the relaxed cruiser. That is reflected by the on board entertainment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Totally true Dave.

Having done both, I agree with your statement.

We also have done RCI just once and P&O 7 times. P&O are still predominately british but more and more different nationalities are trying P&O. We met some lovely people on our RCI cruise and when I spoke about P&O, they said they would give them a try.

Also agree with Dave, enjoyed the entertainment more on RCI but the rockclimbing, wave pools etc are wasted on us. Although did enjoy a game of mini golf up on deck.