What broadway play?

George C

We saw Moulin Rouge in Boston and thought that although the sets and costumes and choreography were great, the story was weak and the leads had no chemistry.

Most folks and reviewers disagreed with us.

We like a good story, though, which is why we loved The Band's Visit (the movie is worth seeing) as well as Come From Away.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw "The Band's Visit" yesterday! Amazing!

For the record, Katrina Lenk may be my new favorite Broadway actress! She was just incredible.

And, as someone previously stated, this is not your typical Broadway musical. It's a very nuanced production that succeeds without that single blockbuster broadway number. Largely because of Dina and Tewfiq, but also Haled, who's sort of the loveable loser.

Highly recommended!

• Like 1

The Bands Visit won the Tony. Time will tell about Pretty Woman. Isn’t it still in previews?
Pretty Woman opened a couple of weeks ago and got torched by the critics. However, the show is grossing over $1 million a week so it should stick around for a while.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Pretty Woman opened a couple of weeks ago and got torched by the critics. However, the show is grossing over $1 million a week so it should stick around for a while.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

It might stick around but that doesn’t mean it will be nominated for any awards.

As mentioned earlier, our two faves this year on B'way have been Band's Visit and Come From Away.

But the new Fiddler on the Roof production, off B'way, was the best thing we've seen in years. SO powerful and SO timely, with people who have lived in countries for years, generations even, being told they don't belong and have to leave.

Since my last post on this thread I saw Pretty Woman which was fantastic .I loved The Bands Visit but Pretty Woman was a lot better.

Haven't seen Pretty Woman, but have a hard time believing it's better. I can buy enjoyed it more.

I like watching both "The Godfather" and "Animal House" (showing my age for a moment). There's no doubt "The Godfather" is a better movie, but there are times when I just enjoy "Animal House" more. "The Band's Visit" is a quiet little musical that is done amazingly well.

Haven't seen Pretty Woman, but have a hard time believing it's better. I can buy enjoyed it more.

I like watching both "The Godfather" and "Animal House" (showing my age for a moment). There's no doubt "The Godfather" is a better movie, but there are times when I just enjoy "Animal House" more. "The Band's Visit" is a quiet little musical that is done amazingly well.

We did a 70’s cruise in March and tv played 70’s movies and tv shows all week included godfather , animal house and blazing saddles . Music guests were Micheal McDonald, BJ Thomas, America, Air SUpply , War and many others,

I've seen it several times, because all my relatives who visit want to see it. It was a lot better with the original British cast.

Absolutely a play, from the moment you enter the theater it has started with cast members roaming the seats, won't give any more away.

Predictable for the most part but I enjoyed it.

Godfather I in my opinion is a masterpiece .Animal House had some truly great comedic scenes but also some that were not that great .

What difference does that make ?

That it's a whole lot easier to sell out a 199 seat theater Off Broadway for many years than it is to sell out a 1250 seat theater in one of the 40 Broadway theaters.

Pretty Women will not make any of the "longest playing musicals" lists in it's current incarnation