QM2 round trip questions

smokey01

Hi,

We cruise regularly and have done several transatlantic crossings on QM2 (Southampton to NY round trip) but the last QM2 trip was over 5 years ago. We are thinking of booking a round trip next April and as usual we will book it as one 14 day cruise as opposed to a B2B as this has always worked out cheaper.

I can't remember what happens upon returning from sightseeing in Manhattan. Presuming we have the same cabin for both crossings is it just a case of being back for the 'All Aboard' time and swiping our cruise card as we enter the ship or do we still have go through the check in process and so have to be back at Red Hook earlier than the 'All Aboard' time?

We are Diamond members of the World Club and out of interest I would like to know if on board we will still get treated as if we are doing 2 cruises i.e. we always got invited to the World Club party and the Senior's Officer party on both legs. In this still the case or have they cut it down to an invite once per party per 14 day cruise?

Also are all these parties in the evening in the Queens Club? I do remember sometimes a lunch time party in the Winter Garden but also sometimes having 3 evening parties per crossing.

Hi,

We cruise regularly and have done several transatlantic crossings on QM2 (Southampton to NY round trip) but the last QM2 trip was over 5 years ago. We are thinking of booking a round trip next April and as usual we will book it as one 14 day cruise as opposed to a B2B as this has always worked out cheaper.

I can't remember what happens upon returning from sightseeing in Manhattan. Presuming we have the same cabin for both crossings is it just a case of being back for the 'All Aboard' time and swiping our cruise card as we enter the ship or do we still have go through the check in process and so have to be back at Red Hook earlier than the 'All Aboard' time?

I believe that there is no need for any check in on return to the ship [just security screening at the terminal, once the ship is 'zeroed out'].

We are Diamond members of the World Club and out of interest I would like to know if on board we will still get treated as if we are doing 2 cruises i.e. we always got invited to the World Club party and the Senior's Officer party on both legs. In this still the case or have they cut it down to an invite once per party per 14 day cruise?

Even this humble 'gold' status member noticed that the same number of parties were scheduled on both the eastbound and westbound legs.

Also are all these parties in the evening in the Queens Club? I do remember sometimes a lunch time party in the Winter Garden but also sometimes having 3 evening parties per crossing.

I don't recall seeing the Carthinia lounge [the old Winter Garden] closed for any private events.

Hi,

I agree with TheOldBear. All you should need to do upon your return to the cruise terminal in Red Hook is present your keycard, proceed through the security check point, and then reboard the ship (skipping the check-in lines) much like you would do when returning from a shore excursion on a regular cruise.

We booked our recent QM2 crossings with a cruise to Norway in between as three separate voyages and we received three separate invites to the World Club and Senior Officers parties. I can't say for sure if we would have received all three of those invites had we booked it as a single voyage instead.

The Senior Officers parties were held in the Queens Room late morning (sorry I can't remember the exact time). The World Club parties were held in the Queens Room at 7:45pm. The Captain's Cocktail parties for Britannia guests were held in the Queens Room at 5:15pm for first sitting and 7:45pm for second sitting.

Edited by bluemarble

Just got off QM2 R/T . My superb TA made two bookings for me but I stayed in the same stateroom. As a Diamond WC member, I got all the benefits twice. I think - only THINK - that you are re-upped at all Turnaround Days on your benefits, Maybe not. Not sure what happens when your R/T os one booking. Enjoy in any event. ;p

On our RT cruise, booked as one voyage, we received WC credit for one trip. However, for the purpose of internet credits, it was considered two. (I suspect because of internal limitations of their concessionaire's system, but it's to our benefit). So, you should receive an additional internet credit at the start of the second leg. As others have mentioned, you are invited to the parties in both segments. (We're Platinum, so I don't know about the comp lunch, but my guess is you'd get two.)

A month from now, we're doing it again and I'll see if there are any changes.