which beach in Aruba reflextions or Eagle

titansdave

Me and my wife will be Aruba in August ...

We were wondering which beach would be the best to go to eagle or reflextions beach club.... we want a bar and sandy beach

Thanks

Edited by titansdave

We went to Eagle Beach in May of this year, there were very few people there. We rented loungers under a huge palapa in front of the Amsterdam Hotel. The beach is stunning...quiet, clean, jet ski rentals, bar/restaurant on the beach, showers, restrooms. I would not hesitate to go here again.

Rose

• 5 months later...
We went to Eagle Beach in May of this year, there were very few people there. We rented loungers under a huge palapa in front of the Amsterdam Hotel. The beach is stunning...quiet, clean, jet ski rentals, bar/restaurant on the beach, showers, restrooms. I would not hesitate to go here again.

Rose

Which facility offered you access to showers/washrooms food/drink etc?

That was also the question I was asking myself. I like the convenience of Reflexions (closer means less expensive than a taxi, food/drinks/restrooms available) but I hear that the sand in the water is muddy (water shoes recommended) and I'm afraid it'd get too busy and loud with music. But I'm also afraid that Eagle Beach will get ridiculously busy with families and lots of noise from the jet skis. I like a quiet spot to read and relax. I also read about Druif Beach that looks nice, but the waves seem to be bigger there and I'm not very good at swimming.

• 2 weeks later...

So we are heading to Eagle Beach again. This is our 3rd time in Aruba and we like the ease of getting to Eagle by bus plus it's pretty mellow and a beautiful beach.

My question for anyone who has recently been at Eagle in the late afternoon.....can you still get a lounge chair? We are in from 1:00 till 11:00 so will not get to the beach till like 2:00!

Also, how late do the buses run? We might just hang out on the beach till like 7:00 or 8:00.

So we are heading to Eagle Beach again. This is our 3rd time in Aruba and we like the ease of getting to Eagle by bus plus it's pretty mellow and a beautiful beach.

My question for anyone who has recently been at Eagle in the late afternoon.....can you still get a lounge chair? We are in from 1:00 till 11:00 so will not get to the beach till like 2:00!

Also, how late do the buses run? We might just hang out on the beach till like 7:00 or 8:00.[/QU

As for the chairs, it will depend on how many ships are in port that day. Also, a lot of people who stay in houses off of the beach rent chairs. It's hard to say.

Don't expect to be able to rent an umbrella that late, but there are lots of trees that you can sit under.

The buses run less frequently at night, but usually every half hour. You can always walk over to one of the resorts and get a taxi.

From personal experience I can comment on Reflexions Beach. Very nice sandy beach with little slope, no surf and very few people. Nice bar, friendly people. As I recall the chairs and umbrellas were $10. Bathrooms, food, and small pool. I think it was a $5 cab ride each way or you can walk it in about 20 minutes from the cruise ship. We have done this twice and will be doing it again later this month.

Rose

How much for the chairs?

• 2 weeks later...
From personal experience I can comment on Reflexions Beach. Very nice sandy beach with little slope, no surf and very few people. Nice bar, friendly people. As I recall the chairs and umbrellas were $10. Bathrooms, food, and small pool. I think it was a $5 cab ride each way or you can walk it in about 20 minutes from the cruise ship. We have done this twice and will be doing it again later this month.

If we were to walk to reflexions, is there a side walk? Also if we decide to take a cab, is it easy to catch one from there?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

iflyrc5, did you go back? How was it? I'm thinking of going there in April for my cruise.

Someone stated that the bottom was muddy in the water and that water shoes are recommended. Did you fin that to be true? Was the actual beach sand nice (soft/white)?

• 4 weeks later...
Someone stated that the bottom was muddy in the water and that water shoes are recommended. Did you fin that to be true? Was the actual beach sand nice (soft/white)?

most of Aruba is cloudy ocean water because of high salt content been there for over 3.5 wks in last couple years and not matter which beach it is not clear

• 3 weeks later...

We have been to Reflections both times in Aruba. It was a long walk and this next time, we'll take a taxi. Very laid back and friendly staff, reasonable priced chairs and drinks and very few people. The beach is nice. We'll have 6 people, how much for taxi for all?

We have been to Reflections both times in Aruba. It was a long walk and this next time, we'll take a taxi. Very laid back and friendly staff, reasonable priced chairs and drinks and very few people. The beach is nice. We'll have 6 people, how much for taxi for all?

I'm not sure of the price but you need to be aware that taxis can only carry 5 people by law. They can get in a lot of trouble. You will need two taxis. The price will be per taxi, not per person.

• 5 months later...

Were there a lot of planes landing and taking off? Was it noisy?

Thanks