Question about extra fees on the Breakaway

rs12065

My wife has spoken to someone who recently cruised on the Breakaway. This individual mentioned that fees are charged for many things on the ship, including use of the gym. Does anyone have any knowledge of this. I am aware of upcharges for specialty restaurants, etc, but the charge for use of the gym is a new one to me, if it is true.

My wife has spoken to someone who recently cruised on the Breakaway. This individual mentioned that fees are charged for many things on the ship, including use of the gym. Does anyone have any knowledge of this. I am aware of upcharges for specialty restaurants, etc, but the charge for use of the gym is a new one to me, if it is true.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but having spoken to many who have cruised on BA, they charge for certain classes in the gym, i.e. spinning classes and others. I'm not sure of the full list of "fee" classes in the gym, but you can still use the treadmills, equipment, etc. without a fee. Hope this helps

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but having spoken to many who have cruised on BA, they charge for certain classes in the gym, i.e. spinning classes and others. I'm not sure of the full list of "fee" classes in the gym, but you can still use the treadmills, equipment, etc. without a fee. Hope this helps

Correct.

Fees only for specialty classes.

They charge for almost every gym class, and there are quite a few. Gives the impression they charge for everything, but not quite. Using the equipment and machines on your own is still free. Everything in the spa is extra cost, adding to the impression.

Exactly our experience. Hubby used the gym equipment daily at no charge.

The following fitness classes denote a charge:

Chiball Fire Yoga

Flywheel Indoor Cycling

TRX Suspension Training

Body Sculpt Bootcamp

Norwegian Fight Klub

Pure Form Pilates

Sunset Yoga

These fitness classes are free:

Rockettes Style Stretch Class

Fab Abs

You forgot Zumba!

Those were free, too, and so popular that they filled the dance floor in the Manhattan Dining Room.

All of the equipment in the GYM is "no charge". And, they have state of the art gym equipment.

If you already know how to work out, why pay for a class?

How tough is hitting a treadmill or riding the stationary bike be?

Perhaps, you can befriend someone to be a spotter for you with the free weights, but most other passengers are willing to help.

In short, yes, there are some charges for the classes. But, NO, there is no extra charges for using the gym.

BTW...this isn't any different than what you'll find on Carnival or Royal. They charge for classes, too.

Edited by graphicguy

• 4 months later...

I've taken kick boxing classes for a number of years. One of the most VIGOROUS work outs around. I have my own gloves (and punching mitts) so hopefully I can sneak in a workout on their bags when class is not in session! (and not have to pay ;-)

Scott

• 2 years later...
I've taken kick boxing classes for a number of years. One of the most VIGOROUS work outs around. I have my own gloves (and punching mitts) so hopefully I can sneak in a workout on their bags when class is not in session! (and not have to pay ;-)

Scott

Were you able to do it? Or did they say no? I was thinking about doing the same thing this year, but I don't want to bring my gloves if I can't use them. :rolleyes:

I was unable to use the fight club heavy bags for free except for a few minutes during the ship tours before sail away. Leave the boxing gloves at home, unless you want to pay for the structured class.

Edited by scott8815