Laundry Questions

walkerspt

Hi everyone

We're new to Windstar, so have a couple of questions about the laundry service which can be purchased for a flat rate for the duration of the cruise. Is this a wash and fold service or are items like blouses or shirts ironed? Can we ask that certain items just be pressed when we board the ship? Overall, how have you found the service?

Thanks for your help.

Any special requests may be noted on the laundry slip. You may request pressing only, but this is not part of the flat rate deal, as far as I know. Items that need ironing are ironed and returned on hangers. The service is fine, though I did note fading on darker items on our last two cruises.

Lots of previous discussion about this topic. You can do a quick search to pull up the threads.

We used the laundry service and it was great. They do not dry clean, but do everything else. I even brought along bags for delicates and they used them. Very prompt. Cut down on the number of items we needed to pack. Well worth it.

We always use laundry service and have had items just pressed. The only thing I don't care for is the smell of the commercial laundry soap as I use fragrance free at home. It's great to have clean clothes along the way and when I get home I just rewash it all since packing and traveling makes it all necessary anyhow. One caveat is knowing that permanent press pants might wind up with extra creases. I bring husband's older pants and then put them away for the next cruise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I love the laundry service . I am a carry on person so I need it. I ask for ironing only, cold water wash, line dry never a problem. Out before 9 back at 4. GreAt service and quality. Happy Sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

I used the laundry service on my last Windstar cruise and wasn't at all pleased. 2 colored/ patterned dress shirts were noticeably faded. Cost me more to replace the shirts than the package cost.

I think for my next cruise, I'l bring my travel iron

I don't believe that travel irons are permitted due to the fire hazard associated with them. That's too bad that you were not pleased with the service. We have used it on seven cruises and found it to be fabulous. Only once did we have a problem when they tore a shirt. They promptly sent us a check for the cost of a replacement shirt.

I used the laundry service on my last Windstar cruise and wasn't at all pleased. 2 colored/ patterned dress shirts were noticeably faded. Cost me more to replace the shirts than the package cost.

Travel irons and steamers not permitted. I carry a little spray bottle of wrinkle releaser. Amazon sells several. So does BBB.

I agree with the fading comment. I wouldn't send out dark clothes again. Agree, travel irons aren't allowed on any cruise line.

It's a great service, with clothes ironed, if not pressed. My thought stuff came out a bit "gray" but I didn't notice myself. Get the unlimited package the first day! They say 5:00, but if you're really interested in something in time for dinner, a couple of days the wash arrived between 6:00 and 7:00.

Travel irons and steamers not permitted. I carry a little spray bottle of wrinkle releaser. Amazon sells several. So does BBB.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up! I was thinking about bringing our little steamer but now I won't.

Hi - Don't buy the package! Too expensive and you really won't have that much to wash. We traveled for a week prior to our 9 day cruise on Windstar Legend Venice to Athens. Our friends bought the package and we just paid to use the service twice and for items we needed ironed. They did a terrible job on the ironing and the new shirt my husband brought came back faded and with iron burns! Our friends new White T- shirts came back with color run stains. We showed them the damage to my husbands shirt but since we were departing the ship in 24 hrs nothing was done - they were very embarrassed but didn't offer any compensation , and we didn't push the issue. The service is great for socks, underwear, bathing suits, work-out clothes etc, but on the Legend I wouldn't trust it for anything else.

Hi - Don't buy the package! Too expensive and you really won't have that much to wash. We traveled for a week prior to our 9 day cruise on Windstar Legend Venice to Athens. Our friends bought the package and we just paid to use the service twice and for items we needed ironed. They did a terrible job on the ironing and the new shirt my husband brought came back faded and with iron burns! Our friends new White T- shirts came back with color run stains. We showed them the damage to my husbands shirt but since we were departing the ship in 24 hrs nothing was done - they were very embarrassed but didn't offer any compensation , and we didn't push the issue. The service is great for socks, underwear, bathing suits, work-out clothes etc, but on the Legend I wouldn't trust it for anything else.

You should contact guest services about damages. We have had laundry done on Legend along with Pride and sailing ships. Only problem is extra creases in permanent press pants and I'm not crazy about smell of the detergent so I rewash when I get home. Wouldn't give them linen, expensive stuff but ok for everyday pants, golf shirts etc. Also, if you need cold water, hang to dry, put in separate bag with a note.

• 5 weeks later...

Laundry was $112 for our 7 day cruise. We had tons of ship credit so we figured why not. Most service is great, but I want too happy to see they write my cabin number in sharpie on the tags of multiple items!! They also ruined both of our hats, ones that I've washed fine at home for years with no problems

:(

Do it. Buy the laundry package. You will not regret it.

We will have been on vacation for about 8 days prior to the cruise so the timing will be perfect and having laundry done on the ship will allow me to pack much less than I would have without having access to laundry services.

I booked our laundry (and internet) packages today!

• 2 weeks later...

We traveled for 9 days prior to our Star Pride cruise - including scorching hot and humid days in Venice. Had all our laundry done as soon as we got onboard, and thought it was very reasonable in price and very fast service. That's all the laundry we needed for the next 8 days on the cruise, so we were happy campers.:)