Wanderbird Expedition Cruises

• 9 months later...

I was on board the Wanderbird for a 10 day cruise in Newfoundland and Labrador. It was absolutely amazing. Karen and Rick and crew were fabulous and we had a lot of fun. It's a must for anyone looking for an expedition cruise with warm hospitality and great food. They are also full of information on wildlife especially whales and birds. I would and am highly recommending it to everyone I know.

• 1 year later...

Wanderbird answered our desire for an adventure to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We traveled up the coast of Labrador with a select few who prefer quiet intimacy with the splendor of nature to the glitz and luxury of an ocean cruise.

Captains Karen and Rick Miles have many years of experience with seafaring, expertise about nature in the far north, talent for creating fine meals, and relationships with native people along the coast. Maybe one can find the first three elsewhere, but that last one? That comes from years of visiting and caring about the people in these isolated villages.

It's a rare privilege to travel with the Wanderbird, tie up at fishing piers, and meet people who live in the remote north. Very rare!

Archived