Time to allow for breakfast...getting off the ship

briehon

Sailing on the valor this November! Super excited! Never sailed CCL before nor have I ever eaten breakfast in a dining room on a ship....always opted for the buffet. However, I hear the breakfast in the dining room is much better. If I have an early morning excursion....like 8:30...how much time do I need to give myself for dining room breakfast and to get off of the ship? Are the lines ridiculous at either? Any help appreciated!

Sailing on the valor this November! Super excited! Never sailed CCL before nor have I ever eaten breakfast in a dining room on a ship....always opted for the buffet. However, I hear the breakfast in the dining room is much better. If I have an early morning excursion....like 8:30...how much time do I need to give myself for dining room breakfast and to get off of the ship? Are the lines ridiculous at either? Any help appreciated!

On port days the dining room (probably the forward) will start serving breakfast at 7am. It is open seating and will probably take around an 45 minutes.

There are actually 4 buffet lines that serve breakfast on the Lido deck and it opens at 6:30.

If it's a walk off port, then debarking begins about 10 minutes after arrival at the pier. It can be busy in those 1st 30 minutes, but the line moves quickly.

On a day we have an early excursion we would either eat breakfast at the buffet or order room service. I wouldn't take the time to go to the MDR on port days when I have plans to do something early in port.

Have to agree. I'b be too anxious wondering if I'd be late and wouldn't enjoy it at all. Just go to the buffet and you make your own time.

On a day we have an early excursion we would either eat breakfast at the buffet or order room service. I wouldn't take the time to go to the MDR on port days when I have plans to do something early in port.

Number of times we have sat with folks and discussed our plans and they had better ideas.

Having been on carnival at least 5 times, my breakfast choice is the buffet, with 1 exception. They do not have 2 things at the buffet that are available in the mdr. Smoked salmon is not at the buffet, so if you want it in the buffet, just ask a matre'd to get some for and they will usually find it. Second thing from the mdr is blueberry pancakes, which my dad wanted last time around. The matre'd also made them appear for him as well. The moral of the story, is if you are in a rush, go to the buffet. There is also a larger selection of food as well. On port days, the buffet was always a better option as people were rushing to get off the ship.

Archived