The new Full Drinks Package on Azura at the moment.....

kunash

Hi

I am reading many posts about the new drinks package, which is currently being trialled on Azura at the moment. I will be on Britannia mid October 2018, and am wondering when this new full drinks package will be available on every ship, if anyone knows that is...? Thanks

There is another thread running called Drinks package on Azura and some say P&O have confirmed that it will roll out fleet wide on 30th September 2018.

I haven’t seen anything official, but it sounds like others have.

I think the big give away is that you can no longer buy the existing soft drinks passage anymore.

From the P&O website

The info towards the bottom of the page looks most current (or even future), particularly the Drinks Package Flyer

It does refer to the Azura pilot

Looks like it might be the best info available at the moment?

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drinks_package?_ga=2.193340207.362820569.1537429494-2067075532.1527959390&_gac=1.169547539.1537435218.CKX1sda28dACFcK87QodBRsD1Q

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/PO_All_Drinks_Package.pdf

Yes it is at the end of this month, P&O released the information earlier in the week. You will no longer be able to buy the existing soft drinks card nor the Costa Coffee card.

How utterly cynical of P&O to stop the soft drink & Costa coffee cards. I usually buy a coffee card but would boycott it on principle. Mind you, by the time I am on board again, Costa will be owned by Coca Cola so I will no longer be drinking their coffee anywhere!

How utterly cynical of P&O to stop the soft drink & Costa coffee cards. I usually buy a coffee card but would boycott it on principle. Mind you, by the time I am on board again, Costa will be owned by Coca Cola so I will no longer be drinking their coffee anywhere!

I agree. The costa coffee's (small) are now part of the non-alcoholic drinks package at £19.95 pp/per day and the ultimate drinks package at £39.95 pp/per day.

I am not sure what will happen to the existing wine packages. I cannot see P&O would continue to run them alongside the new drinks packages.

From the P&O website

The info towards the bottom of the page looks most current (or even future), particularly the Drinks Package Flyer

It does refer to the Azura pilot

Looks like it might be the best info available at the moment?

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drinks_package?_ga=2.193340207.362820569.1537429494-2067075532.1527959390&_gac=1.169547539.1537435218.CKX1sda28dACFcK87QodBRsD1Q

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/PO_All_Drinks_Package.pdf

It states 'All adults in the same cabin must buy the same package.'

So what happens if one prefers an alcoholic package and your partner prefers a non alcoholic package.

It states 'All adults in the same cabin must buy the same package.'

So what happens if one prefers an alcoholic package and your partner prefers a non alcoholic package.

If it were possible to do this we would buy one of each but won’t buy the alcohol package for 2 as we would not get the full value of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a great shame if they are doing away with the Costa coffee card. As someone whose paid-for soft drinks are limited to one or two small coffees per sea day, there's no way that the new soft drinks package at £19.95 pp/per day would make sense.

A lot of people do not agree with you, and will not be purchasing it.

I am on the cusp....

On our previous cruises, our on board spend would not justify it, but I do see the attraction of knowing your spend in advance.

But I do know plenty of cruisers whe would get full value and more from the offer.

Personally I don’t think the drink prices will increase by much anytime soon, P&Os primary concern will be to fill the ships as their capacity is increasing massively over the next few years.

Agreed, but some think it is the 'Holy Grail, and will purchase them whatever the cost.

Think that’s a bit strong .... people are not idiots, they won’t pay for something that they won’t get value from

Totally agree, now I know what it means....

I don’t understand the furore over the introduction of a drinks package tbh - it’s not compulsory after all! Buy it if you like to have a fair few drinks on your cruise - don’t buy it if you don’t drink much or you prefer to just drink your 2 litres of grog brought onboard in the cabin

I don’t understand the furore over the introduction of a drinks package tbh - it’s not compulsory after all! Buy it if you like to have a fair few drinks on your cruise - don’t buy it if you don’t drink much or you prefer to just drink your 2 litres of grog brought onboard in the cabin

Me neither...

Suum cuique

Agreed, but I think a lot of us regular P&O cruisers who are used to the currently reasonably priced on-board drinks (compared to other lines) are concerned that prices may rise substantially to make the drinks packages look more attractive.

Hopefully not but time will tell.

Agreed, but I think a lot of us regular P&O cruisers who are used to the currently reasonably priced on-board drinks (compared to other lines) are concerned that prices may rise substantially to make the drinks packages look more attractive.

Hopefully not but time will tell.

Yep true, they may well rise and there may also be restrictions on what alcohol you can bring aboard too.

Think P&O are very generous when it comes to alcohol when compared to American ships, having cruised on RCCCL several times, their drink prices are sky high, and bringing on any alcohol is a big no no, I was dragged to the naughty room to check that my one bottle of wine was actually just wine, a very labour intensive process for them I thought.

So when it comes to drinks packages, on RCCL they are very necessary, P&O much less so, especially when you consider the price of room service bottles of spirits, and the bar prices in general.

My wife and I do enjoy a good drink, but looking at past bar bills after OBC I think even we would struggle to drink £80 a day!!

Think P&O are very generous when it comes to alcohol when compared to American ships, having cruised on RCCCL several times, their drink prices are sky high, and bringing on any alcohol is a big no no, I was dragged to the naughty room to check that my one bottle of wine was actually just wine, a very labour intensive process for them I thought.

So when it comes to drinks packages, on RCCL they are very necessary, P&O much less so, especially when you consider the price of room service bottles of spirits, and the bar prices in general.

My wife and I do enjoy a good drink, but looking at past bar bills after OBC I think even we would struggle to drink £80 a day!!

But...... as has been said many times the package isn’t just for alcohol and would you still say the same if you couldn’t bring litres of spirits onboard and the drinks prices rose considerably? Doubt it.

Also, for me, if I didn’t take the package and spent near about £40pppd I’d be gutted that I didn’t buy it so I could have bought/tried other things

Yep true, they may well rise and there may also be restrictions on what alcohol you can bring aboard too.

Yes, but is it worth taking the risk of this likely scenario happening due to P&O offering these new drinks packages or do we accept that this is far less likely to happen with the currently reasonabley priced drinks that P&O currently offer. Just because other lines offer drinks packages doesn't mean that it will work with the majority of loyal P&O's passengers who are perfectly happy with the current arrangements.

Whether we like it or not P&O do have certain traditions that suit their passengers that's why we and many others prefer to cruise with P&O.

BTW, I am not a shareholder. :)