New York

dbeckett

I'm posting this well in advance but we need to have a hotel in September next year in New York prior to sailing on the Crown Princess.

We have never been to New York before and have no idea of where to go so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dorothy

Soho, Little Italy, Chinatown, Tribeca, Meatpacking District, Chelsea, stroll along 5th Ave, Upper West side, upper east side.

Central Park, Lincoln Center, Cloisters, St. Patrick's Catherdral, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Chelsea Piers, Lincoln Center.

Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Grand Central Station, Ellis Island.

Take a horse & Buggy ride, take the Circle Line boat around Manhattan, ride on the double decker tour bus (do this first to get an orientation), see a Broadway show, a play, a ballet, an opera.

Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), Guggenheim Museum, Whitney Museum.

That should keep you occupied for a few days.

I recommend you select a hotel in midtown - somewhere between 34th and 65th Streets.

Jane

Go to tripadvisor.com for critiques posted by folks who have experienced the accommodations at various hotels in NYC. I've found it to be a very helpful site when searching for a hotel in an area with which we are not familiar.

You may want to try New Jersey, either Edgewater (I think it is a Comfort Inn on River Rd.) or Weehawken (I think that is a Sheraton on Harbor Blvd) I don't know what there rates are or parking, but they are both close to the Water Works ferry which bring you into Manhattan, and Weehawken is close to the Path train which also goes into NYC.

September is a great time of year to sightsee. Hopefully you will have some extra time to see the city.

Archived