How many Elite mini bar set up for this cruise?

phabric

I am booked on a 14 day Med cruise on the new Sky Oct 2019. The cruise can be booked as 7, 14, 21, 28 day cruises.

On my Cruise History under cruise points it shows 2, and cruise days 14.

Do I get 1 or 2 mini bar set up?

You will get 2. The first will be delivered the day you embark. It may be in your cabin when you arrive or it may be delivered that afternoon. The second will come on turnaround day.

It does not matter whether you have booked this trip as 2 seven day cruises or 1 fourteen day cruise.

The room service folks who put out the minibars have no way of knowing how you booked a cruise. They just know that an Elite is in a certain cabin and it is an embarkation day.

Last time, I requested some changes to my mini bar.

Do I make the change requests on each embankment day? Or just on the first embankment day for both cruises?

You will have to request the changes twice.

Last time, I requested some changes to my mini bar.

Do I make the change requests on each embankment day? Or just on the first embankment day for both cruises?

After initial embarkation you call room service for the exchanges. On a b2b I have had success calling room service the day before turn around day and requesting what items I wish to have delivered, for example deliver all soda as diet coke, or 8 beers instead of the 8 bottles of spirits.

Two set ups. On the first day aboard you will have to call for the changes, I usually call on the last day of the first segment and tell them I am aboard for the next leg and give my request. They seem to appreciate the heads up as it saves them having to change it out

Another question - it has been a few years since we sailed on Princess. As Elite in a suite, do we get two mini-bar set-ups?
You are entitled to two setups for being an Elite in a suite. The one time we had a suite, I called room service to request two coffee cards instead of the second minibar setup. Both setups were not automatically in our suite on embarkation day.

• 4 months later...
But, on a true 14-nighter (Circle Caribbean), there is only 1 mini bar set-up?

(It can only be booked as a 14 nighter, it does not come back to Fort Lauderdale half-way through.)

Either way 2.

Even on a cruise with a return to Ft Lauderdale after each cruise still only 2 for us.

(It can only be booked as a 14 nighter, it does not come back to Fort Lauderdale half-way through.)

We did the 14 night Circle the Caribbean early this year on the Caribbean Princess. It could only be booked as one 14 night cruise. We got 1 mini-bar setup

In your situation I’ve had the same experience as Paul...1 minibar because it cannot be booked as shorter cruises.

Since Princess began to automatically show multiple cruise credits in our cruise history for a single cruise that could be booked as shorter cruises that tells me how many minibars we’ll receive.

For our future 28-day cruise which can be booked various ways of shorter cruises we have 3 cruise credits....7, 7, 14 days...and will receive 3 minibars.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Either way 2. <--- not accurate

Even on a cruise with a return to Ft Lauderdale after each cruise still only 2 for us.

If the cruise can only be sold as a single segment, in this case 14 days long, there is only one mini-bar setup. Also only one cruise credit.

Two set ups. On the first day aboard you will have to call for the changes, I usually call on the last day of the first segment and tell them I am aboard for the next leg and give my request. They seem to appreciate the heads up as it saves them having to change it out

I’ve said this before - don’t understand why this process can’t be simplified. It could be/should be as easy to preselect via the personalizer what you want for your minibar, just as you can select bed configuration, dining time, etc. Just seems like a win/win for passengers and crew members....but of course I may be missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve said this before - don’t understand why this process can’t be simplified. It could be/should be as easy to preselect via the personalizer what you want for your minibar, just as you can select bed configuration, dining time, etc. Just seems like a win/win for passengers and crew members....but of course I may be missing something.

Maybe not so easy to do for room service. With up to 500 or more elite/suite passengers on some cruises, the current procedure allows room service personnel on a very busy turnaround day to go to cabin after cabin leaving the same exact drinks. The effort it would take to check all the individual requests and put the proper combination of bottles in each stateroom is very time consuming plus the chance for not getting every order correct. I suspect only a relatively small number of those receiving the package actually call after embarkation to request exchanging items.

• 2 weeks later...
I am booked on a 14 day Med cruise on the new Sky Oct 2019. The cruise can be booked as 7, 14, 21, 28 day cruises.

On my Cruise History under cruise points it shows 2, and cruise days 14.

Do I get 1 or 2 mini bar set up?

I emailed Captain Circle and asked how many mini bar setups I would get for my 14 day cruise. Their reply, I would get 1 mini bar per cruise segment, so 2 mini bar setup.