Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Anyone like me who was disappointed that Symphony was going to be sailing out of Barcelona instead of Rome, may want to check out the recently added listed sailings for Symphony. ;-)

Problem with that (for me) is that I'm solo and they aren't selling studio cabins (which are VERY reasonably priced) from Rome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

4/16/18-5/2/18 Galveston to Barcelona (San Juan; PontaDelgada, Azores; Malaga, Spain; Alicante, Spain; Palma De Mallorca, Spain) 16NTS

Thanks, was hoping for something shorter where we could visit DD who will likely be going school in UK at that time.

Problem with that (for me) is that I'm solo and they aren't selling studio cabins (which are VERY reasonably priced) from Rome.

I booked a studio from Barcelona before I knew they were going to offer some sailings from Rome. Oh well, at least I got one.

Have you seen the prices for the studio cabins on the Jewel? Over $2300 plus fees - the standard inside cabins are priced hundreds less. But the new cabin categories are "whacked". How can they justify deck 2 being $141 more than deck 3 - both forward :confused: I was considering moving to Jewel once the sailings were released but the pricing is outrageous.......and only having 3 studio cabins on the ship doesn't help.

Finally have a booking! Dec 1st on the Rhapsody - starts in Venice and ends in Barcelona. I don't know how the weather will be but I got an aft balcony for what some ships were asking for an inside. I'll wear my winter jacket if need be :) looking forward to seeing Montenegro again!

The way it sounded when I spoke to them, they basically will balance the demand. So if those cabins don't start booking for the date you are booked, they would become available 4 days later leaving from Rome instead. No idea how they maximize cabin capacity that way, it can't possibly be more profitable. Seems to me that the few more cabins you book by offering the option, would be offset and then some by potentially having cabins empty for 3-4 days at a time. Anyway, who cares. Bottom line is the option is available for most if they want it. Guessing that will shuffle over time, so keep checking on your studio.

Agreed. It would be a real mess if all did that. However, RC allows, so.... Does make me feel for folks that were anxiously awaiting the release today and trying to get those great aft balconies.

Travel agents also book group space to include prime real estate cabins and they usually get a head start on the rest of us for booking. We've found that to be true on many of the TA's and popular cruises. As time goes on.....and pricing goes up......cabins come into inventory.

Just booked Brilliance TA April 5th-20th 2018 in a GS at the same price as a JS, would like to do the following cruise but doesn't seem to show anywhere. Next one showing is on 1st of May.

I just booked the same TA in a GS. Wasn't really looking for that itinerary but couldn't pass up that deal! There were only a couple GS left when I booked. $3,950 all in for 2 (with C&A discount).

Cruises from San Juan will be 7-day cruises on Jewel and Freedom. They alternate itineraries, so you can do a B2B2B starting with the TA and have 3 different itineraries. They should open sometime next week.

Great. Thanks Bob.

I will watch out for them next week.

I just booked the same TA in a GS. Wasn't really looking for that itinerary but couldn't pass up that deal! There were only a couple GS left when I booked. $3,950 all in for 2 (with C&A discount).

Last night I booked it on my mobile phone when at work last night. Managed to get 1100. When I got home I read on here Gs was same as Js and by that time the auk office was closed and this morning there is none left. Never thought about asking the cost of a Gs when I booked

Sent from my E5823 using Forums mobile app

I booked a studio from Barcelona before I knew they were going to offer some sailings from Rome. Oh well, at least I got one.

Have you seen the prices for the studio cabins on the Jewel? Over $2300 plus fees - the standard inside cabins are priced hundreds less. But the new cabin categories are "whacked". How can they justify deck 2 being $141 more than deck 3 - both forward :confused: I was considering moving to Jewel once the sailings were released but the pricing is outrageous.......and only having 3 studio cabins on the ship doesn't help.

That was the same thing the first day on symphony-- then the next day the studios came down, so keep checking.

We paid around $5200(C&A) discount but that was in Cdn dollars. We were happy with the price and never went back to follow it.

23rd March 2017

We are excited to announce the return of Independence and Navigator of the seas to Southampton for summer 2018, including some brand new short sailings to Ireland.

Independence of the Seas will be doing a selection of sailings to the Mediterranean and Canaries, as well as Northern and Western Europe. New ports include Dublin, Cork and Geiranger.

Navigator of the Seas will offer a wide range of sailings from Southampton, including Mediterranean, Canaries, Western Europe, and the Baltics with overnight stop in St Petersburg.

Ships sailing to Europe in 2018

23rd March 2017

Brilliance of the Seas will alternate Baltic and British Isles itineraries from Amsterdam.

Jewel of the Seas will return to Rome and alternate seven-nights between the Greek Isles and the Western Mediterranean.

Rhapsody of the Seas will sail from Venice and alternate between ‘Greece & Croatia’ and ‘Greek Isles’ itineraries.

Serenade of the Seas will offer a variety of sailings, including Scandinavia & Russia, the Fjords and the Arctic Circle in early summer and August.

Symphony of the Seas will sail a 7 night Western Mediterranean itinerary from Rome.

Vision of the Seas will sail out of Barcelona and alternate the ‘Mediterranean Venice’ and ‘Mediterranean Greek Isles’ sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That was the same thing the first day on symphony-- then the next day the studios came down, so keep checking.

Yes, I caught that too and called to get the reduced fare. I will keep watching to see if the same happens on the Jewel but only because I would rather see more of Greece than Spain. Unfortunately with only 3 studio cabins on the Jewel - I doubt the price will be anywhere near my current fare :D

Thanks to all for your posts and timelines for the new bookings. I never get emails from Royal even though I think I am signed up everywhere possible. Just played cards with a D+ friend yesterday and she has been busy taking advantage of all of hers. I did book the November Navigator TA in 7388 yesterday. No hassle about being a single in a three person room. Maybe they know that there are fewer families on longer cruises?

If I were given a choice between a studio and a normal interior and the price for the interior was the same or lower, I would definitely book the interior to get the double solo cruise points!

Finally have a booking! Dec 1st on the Rhapsody - starts in Venice and ends in Barcelona. I don't know how the weather will be but I got an aft balcony for what some ships were asking for an inside. I'll wear my winter jacket if need be :) looking forward to seeing Montenegro again!

And just like that we have a change! On the phone now with C&A switching to the Jewel TA on November 5th. Got a balcony for less than $2,000 solo and will spend some time in Barcelona before flying to Rome. Extremely excited! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And just like that we have a change! On the phone now with C&A switching to the Jewel TA on November 5th. Got a balcony for less than $2,000 solo and will spend some time in Barcelona before flying to Rome. Extremely excited! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice change... well done.

Last night I booked it on my mobile phone when at work last night. Managed to get 1100. When I got home I read on here Gs was same as Js and by that time the auk office was closed and this morning there is none left. Never thought about asking the cost of a Gs when I booked

Sent from my E5823 using Forums mobile app

I don't think many others would have thought to inquire about GS either after managing to secure 1100. We've tried GS twice on long itineraries and overall, still prefer JS, although on a ship with a Suite Lounge I would happily take the higher category, especially for nearly the same price :cool: