MSC first timer (past NCL)

DaCruiseBug

I've sailed on NCL a few times and overall I've had good experiences. There's a few things that they do that drive me bonkers such as them finding more and more things to charge you for and the fact that their Haven suites are WAY overpriced.

I decided to put down a deposit on the Seaside for a sailing next Fall. We chose a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite since the price ended up being the same price as a mini-suite on NCL but with many more perks.

What can I expect from MSC? Specifically, what are the things they do most differently from NCL? How does Yatch Club compare to the Haven?

Thank you for any feedback.

I've sailed on NCL a few times and overall I've had good experiences. There's a few things that they do that drive me bonkers such as them finding more and more things to charge you for and the fact that their Haven suites are WAY overpriced.

I decided to put down a deposit on the Seaside for a sailing next Fall. We chose a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite since the price ended up being the same price as a mini-suite on NCL but with many more perks.

What can I expect from MSC? Specifically, what are the things they do most differently from NCL? How does Yatch Club compare to the Haven?

Thank you for any feedback.

You will never go back to NCL.

We sailed MSC Divina 7 days turned into 13 thanks to hurricane Irma, and had a fantastic time. After 21 NCL cruises we decided to try something different thru URCOMPED. We didnt think we would like the assigned seating/dinner times, but it made for a very enjoyable night. The timing with dinner/shows works well and was stress free and entertaining nights. Beautiful gorgeous ship, food, cabins, entertainment all great. The ship never felt crowded, many pools - indoor, outdoor even an adults only one. The dinner and special dessert presentations were very enjoyable. Did status match from NCL to MSC black card and very much appreciated all the perks that came along with it. Free drinks at most bars prior to formal dinner, many parties and events. Lots of lounges with entertainment around the ship. Cleanest ship we've ever been on. Great time, and the staff handled everything with the hurricane very professionally. We are looking forward to booking our next cruise on MSC. Safe sailing

I´m wondering the same. I´ve just done 6 cruises and they have all been RC or NCL and have been entirely satisfied on both.

Most people I met on those cruises didn´t have a lot of good things to say about MSC. Most things I heard had one in common, service. That since it´s an italian line, they just serve you and that´s it, they don´t go the extra mile. One of them told me they had schedules to use the whirlpools, 15 minutes and they would ask people to leave and then another "group" would go in. Again this is all what I heard from other cruisers.

Buuut I just had to do it. I´ve been in love with the Seaside since I saw the first drafts and thought it would be the best opportunity to give them a chance. BF and I are not picky at all and as long as we get attention when needed we are fine. We are not the special request kind or looking for every flaw. Hopefully we will love it.

Your first paragraph sums up the NCL under the new management (and to some extent under the old). Plus the staff seems to be doing more work and less happy.

We did our first MSC in August in YC and it was great. On MSC you have a huge front area of the ship all as your lounge with snacks and drinks. You'll have the mini-bar in your room. You'll have a larger pool for YC than any of the Haven pools.

You'll find butlers who actually do a great job consistently and they do more things for you that on NCL the concierge would do.

If you match to Black you get 5% off the fare which NCL doesn't give you at any level.

Overall YC rooms smaller than NCL but prices are much better.

You don't have to match to Black to get 5% off. All levels from Classic upwards get the discount.

Even better.

NCL doesn't give even the top tier any discount but they did introduce a one time free cruise in a balcony category this year.

I´m wondering the same. I´ve just done 6 cruises and they have all been RC or NCL and have been entirely satisfied on both.

Most people I met on those cruises didn´t have a lot of good things to say about MSC. Most things I heard had one in common, service. That since it´s an italian line, they just serve you and that´s it, they don´t go the extra mile...

If you have booked the Yacht Club you will have no worries. The service is the best you will ever experience. You would have to go for a small luxury ship to get the equivalent experience you will receive in the Yacht Club. The complaints you heard are curious to say the least...nothing I have ever heard. I still can't get over the fellow who complained to me that his cruise was ruined because his oatmeal wasn't hot enough!!:eek::p:') OBTW...a few years back the Italian Line was known for the best service in the entire industry. I believe they are rising to the occasion again with the Yacht Club concept.

Relax and anticipate the joy!