Future Cruise Credit

betonic

Is it possible to buy FCC for other family/friends that are not this cruise but will join on the next cruise? Is there a limit to how many?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It USED to be if they were Mariners and you had their Mariner numbers.

As of late, they have only sold them to those that are actually on board from my experience and reports here.

I don't know of any limit for them but remember each FCD (Future Cruise Deposit/aka Future Cruise Credit) is for the use of that person only. So, if you buy 4 only you can use them.

What is the benefit? I bought an FCC and now am booking my next sail.

Does this $100 credit suffice as the deposit (or just reduce it?)

Does having an FCC allow you to cancel or change a reservation?

I think I get on board credit from the FCC: true or false?

Thanks, Experts!

What is the benefit? I bought an FCC and now am booking my next sail.

Does this $100 credit suffice as the deposit (or just reduce it?) It depends on the length of the cruise. If your cruise is a short one the FCC is the deposit. If it is longer, you will just need to "top it up" to the amount of FCC that would have been required for that length of cruise. Terms will be on your FCC certificate

Does having an FCC allow you to cancel or change a reservation?Yes, as long as your deposit is refundable and as long as you are outside final payment.

I think I get on board credit from the FCC: true or false?Yes, you do get on board credit from your FCC. PLUS if you are within 60 days of sailing you can ask for the promo ("thanks for sailing with us") which HAL offers - ZPM/VPM is the code.

Thanks, Experts!

answered you above in red. Hope it helps.

• 7 months later...
Do you know where I can find my future cruise credits available online?

Assuming you mean Future Cruise DEPOSITS, the answer is - you cannot see them. Only your TA or PCC or HAL reservation agent can see them.

Thats why I always keep a copy of the FCDs that I get onboard with my cruise stuff.

I was able to buy a FCD for my Mother on my last cruise in 2016. She has never cruised before and it was not an issue maybe because I also bought a FCD for myself. Of course, this may have changed.

Yes, it has changed, as of 2017, I think. We always used to buy one for our daughter in the past, but in Spring of 2017, when we tried, we were refused. Now she has to buy her own!:cool:

On the NA cruise to Alaska in May, 2018 (without daughters) we were able to purchase/use FCDs for our daughters when we booked a future cruise for ourselves plus a cabin for them. So it is possible but limited. I had to sign a form titled something like FCD for family members booked on same cruise.