travel from Manhattan cruise port to LGA on a Friday

CruisenLexie

I have cruised with other lines and out of other ports (including Bayonne and Red Hook) but this is my first NCL cruise and first out of the Manhattan port. The ship arrives at 8:00 am on 2/16/18 (friday). The cruise line said to book a flight after 1 pm. While I would like to fly out of LGA I am very concerned about what I am reading about construction and traffic nightmares trying to get to LGA. LGA has flights at 12:30 pm and 2:40 pm. I could book the 2:40 pm at LGA but then I would want to book a transport company in case we end up sitting in traffic on the way to the airport. Due to traffic & construction concerns I am seriously considering flying home from JFK. I can count on a flat rate taxi fare and JFK has a 12:40 pm flight but the next one isn't till 5:00 pm. Should I be concerned about a 12:40 flight out of JFK? I would appreciate feedback from those with experience at this port. If anyone has any recent experience with LGA I would appreciate hearing about that as well. Thanks in advance!

I did post on the NCL Board but wanted to post here to be sure you saw what I posted.

I would go with the 2:40 PM flight.

Things can happen.

I have seen too many disembarkations at Manhattan go later then planned.

The traffic can be horrendous.

At the airport if you do not have TSA Pre Check you can face long lines and even if you do sometimes the TSA Pre Check line has been longer then usual.

Keith

You might consider using the subway to get out of Manhattan. We docked on a Thursday and took a cab down to Hudson Yards station to catch the #7 train out to Roosevelt Ave. station, then the bus into LGA. We walked off the ship at 7:30, at LGA by 9:30, and at our gate by 10:00. I know every day is different, but there was very little traffic on the last leg into LGA.

Full details in this post: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2526352

then the bus into LGA.

That bus is the Q70 SBS (Select Bus Service where you purchase a proof of payment before boarding the bus. Board from any door).

But the bus is subject to the same airport traffic a car would be once it is on airport property.

Here is the public transportation options to LGA http://laguardiaairport.com/getting-to-from/by-public-transit/