Holland Westerdam Observation Deck Verandah Rooms

HollandAlaska2018

• 3 weeks later...

We are just off the Westerdam and toured some of the rooms. The new rooms on deck 10 are fresh however the balconies are very small compared to deck 7 where we stayed in 7096. The deck 10 balcony has two chairs which have to face each other as there is not enough space on the balcony to face the water...very tight space. The only advantage we could determine is the close accessibility to the Observation Lounge. We would not choose these balcony rooms

• 7 months later...

I know this is an older thread but when I booked our trip on Westerdam I could not find much information on the observation deck verandah cabins. We just returned from a cruise on Westerdam where we stayed in one. I highly recommend this location and these cabins. They are only a year old so everything is fresh and new. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom had modern granite countertop and tile in the shower. The balcony is about 3.5-4 ft deep and felt the same size as the balcony on Celebrity Summit and Disney Fantasy. Two chairs facing out with small table in between. The best part of this cabin is it's location. We ran up fron to exc for wildlife and glacier watching as well as to get drinks throughout the day. Easy walk to pool, lido, aft pool, and kids club. Really a great spot on the ship.

I know this is an older thread but when I booked our trip on Westerdam I could not find much information on the observation deck verandah cabins. We just returned from a cruise on Westerdam where we stayed in one. I highly recommend this location and these cabins. They are only a year old so everything is fresh and new. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom had modern granite countertop and tile in the shower. The balcony is about 3.5-4 ft deep and felt the same size as the balcony on Celebrity Summit and Disney Fantasy. Two chairs facing out with small table in between. The best part of this cabin is it's location. We ran up fron to exc for wildlife and glacier watching as well as to get drinks throughout the day. Easy walk to pool, lido, aft pool, and kids club. Really a great spot on the ship.

Thanks for posting. We booked 10018 for a Sept Alaska cruise for the proximity to the Observation lounge. I had some questions about it but after a lot of looking came across a picture of the balcony and it was just as you describe We decided it will be good for us to be that close to the OL with the cooler September temperatures.

The good thing about the 10th floor cabins is that you can go forward right to the exc for a nosies ibservation or back to the outdoor deck. You can also go up one lever to a forward outdoor dec (but it has glass walls do not good for unobstructed photos).