Sturgeron

forgap

Many of you have sung the praises of Sturgeron as an effective remedy for seasickness. We will be in Singapore prior to a cruise and I intend to buy some. Can anyone give me the proper dosage? I assume I can buy it in a pharmacy. Thanks.

It works great for seasickness. I purchase it from the U.K. I tend to like things that are available in other countries. IMO, the U.S. is about 10 years behind the times. Note: Neither of us have ever had side effects. However, if you watch prescription drug ads on television, the side effects are enough to scare anyone away (not just for Sturgeon -- but in general). If you don't want to do over the counter meds., try an electronic wrist band. No drugs! I would use it but the most popular electronic wrist band has metal on it and I'm allergic to metal (not allergic to gold:halo:). For our cruise that begins this Friday, I'm trying a new electronic wrist band from amazon.com and will report result. In the meantime, I'll continue to use Sturgeon.

For our cruise that begins this Friday, I'm trying a new electronic wrist band from amazon.com and will report result. In the meantime, I'll continue to use Sturgeon.

Travelcat2, Thank you for sharing your personal experience with Sturgeon. I am looking forward to your review of the electronic wrist band. I will be following your CC posts from your Amazon adventure starting Friday. Have a safe and enjoyable journey!

Hi Jennifer! Ginny is another Stugeron praise singer. She sticks with the 25 mg tabs and, in fact, bought her last stash in Singapore, at a Watson's in Raffles City, this past February. She'll probably load up again when we return to Singapore. Looking forward to meeting you and Georges then--and blogging with you if you're still game!

Rich

My husband has tried everything including the electronic wrist band which didn't work.

He takes Stugeron. If you get it from the UK, it is usually 15 mg. and works just fine. No side effects at all.

We have also bought in in 25 mg. doses in another country.

He has never had any side effects and it works like a charm. If you read contraindications to every medication you will live in daily fear.

Thank you for the all the dose details, humor, and caution! I normally get seasick only in rough seas but I like to be prepared!

Rich, we look forward to meeting you and I would LOVE to do a joint blog. We arrive in Singapore 4 days before the precruise to Chang Mai. We are staying in the Katong area in the Joo Chat neighborhood so we can experience a bit of the Peranakan culture. Can’t wait!

The generic name is Cinnarizine It is used to treat a number of problems. It is a type of antihistamine drug, sometimes known as a travel sickness or balance disorder treatment. It is used to treat vestibular disorders (balance disorders).

It is not sold in the US. But you can mail order it from Canada (Link Here)

About $35 of 100 25mg pill.

J

The generic name is Cinnarizine It is used to treat a number of problems. It is a type of antihistamine drug, sometimes known as a travel sickness or balance disorder treatment. It is used to treat vestibular disorders (balance disorders).

It is not sold in the US. But you can mail order it from Canada (Link Here)

About $35 of 100 25mg pill.

J

http://www.boots.com/stugeron-15-tablets

these were so good for me that on my last cruise I took one tablet 20 minutes before sailing and never needed a second one - great.(y)

Let's be clear ...

Stugeron is a medication.

Sturgeon is a smoked white fish.

Surgeon is the guy who's going to perform my lobotomy.

Surge is a push forward.

Serge is the fabric I'll be buried in after the side effects from combining stugeron and sturgeon for sea sickness sent me to a surgeon who surged when he should have slowed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fortunately, I do not suffer from motion sickness but my friends do. I learned about Stugeron while on a cruise from felllow passengers who absolutely swore by it. According to them, it not only is super-effective but it has many FEWER side effects than other seasick meds. They also claim that you do not have to take it before symptoms present, but you can take one when you feel the malaise coming on and it works. Start with half a tab and if it doesn’t seem to be helping, take another one. I looked it up online and found that it’s the remedy most recommended by the British Royal Navy for seasickness. I have found it sold in European pharmacies in 25mg and 75mg doses. Spain only sells the 75mg tablets. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the all the dose details, humor, and caution! I normally get seasick only in rough seas but I like to be prepared!

Rich, we look forward to meeting you and I would LOVE to do a joint blog. We arrive in Singapore 4 days before the precruise to Chang Mai. We are staying in the Katong area in the Joo Chat neighborhood so we can experience a bit of the Peranakan culture. Can’t wait!

Jennifer, your and Georges' pre-cruise plans sound great! We'll be arriving the day before we set sail, and have opted for "Sydney and Beyond" post-cruise.

A Forgap-Rumor joint blog is going to be fun! OK if I launch the blog a few days early? Past blog mates will attest that I love me my "setting the table" first posts.

Back to Stugeron. . . Gin will again be traveling with a mini anti-nausea arsenal of "the patch," meclizine, wrist bands and ginger this and ginger that. But her go-to med for an especially rough day at sea or a long, winding drive on an excursion bus will continue to be a 20 mg tab of Stuge.

Rich

Jennifer, your and Georges' pre-cruise plans sound great! We'll be arriving the day before we set sail, and have opted for "Sydney and Beyond" post-cruise.

A Forgap-Rumor joint blog is going to be fun! OK if I launch the blog a few days early? Past blog mates will attest that I love me my "setting the table" first posts.

Back to Stugeron. . . Gin will again be traveling with a mini anti-nausea arsenal of "the patch," meclizine, wrist bands and ginger this and ginger that. But her go-to med for an especially rough day at sea or a long, winding drive on an excursion bus will continue to be a 20 mg tab of Stuge.

Rich

Delighted to help set the table! We will do the pre-cruise to Chang Mai after our mini stay in Singapore. I think it’s helpful to give details of the ports and Regent tours so that others can gather information of possible “don’t miss” and “avoid at all costs” activities. We will be 3 days in Sydney post-cruise. We rented an Airbnb across the bay with a view of the opera house - the bonus is that there are brightly colored lorikeets that feed at the window!

I think Sturgeron will be my new best friend. We had really rough weather this year on the second segment of the world cruise. Bonnine worked marginally well, sea bands didn’t work, ginger this and that calmed my stomach. The worst was post cruise while visiting the glow worm caves. We were 30 minutes on a dirt road in a 10 person van, going up and down and all around. It was hot and airless and I was beyond redemption when we got back to the car park. We then had 2 hours over paved up down and all around roads to get to Rotoroa. Needless to say, when I rasped “pull over” it was a highly necessary stop!

Question: does stugeron need a prescription in Spain?? We are flying there tomorrow.

My doctor said to try it. Just in case. Thanks.

Sheila

Sheila, it is suppose to be available in France, Germany, England, Spain, Italy and Portugal. A prescription is never required - this is a simple over the counter medication that just happens not to be available in the U.S.

I have been following this thread.

I have to say that the only Sturgeon I knew we put on Bagels.

But now I know so I will have to compare this to Bonine.

As they say you are never too old to learn something new and this thread is an example of that.

Keith

I have been following this thread.

I have to say that the only Sturgeon I knew we put on Bagels.

But now I know so I will have to compare this to Bonine.

As they say you are never too old to learn something new and this thread is an example of that.

Keith

Admittedly, I'm guilty of spelling it like the caviar -- easier to remember:evilsmile:

Sheila, it is suppose to be available in France, Germany, England, Spain, Italy and Portugal. A prescription is never required - this is a simple over the counter medication that just happens not to be available in the U.S.

Hey Jackie

I didn't ask how to spell it. I just wanted to know if I needed a script. Thanks for the concise answer. Happy trails until we meet again!

Hugs

Sheila