After Dinner Chocalate Parade

mcrcruiser

They had it on our Veendam cruise in Oct but we missed it as it was not advertised and we happened to be a the wrong place at the wrong time so didn't get to try it out. We will have several chances on our Jan 3 - Feb 4 time on the Koningsdam so hope to check it out then.

We just had it tonight on the Zuiderdam. It was the last gala night and the event was listed on the daily program as Chocolate Surprise at 9:45 p.m., which was late enough for us to finish dinner at the 8 pm seating. We were not expecting it since we were seated in a booth at BB King's, but waiters came through and offered us the goodies inside the club. We had lollipops (like truffles on a stick), a cupcake, a macaron, a small chocolate drink, and a small white bar that was yummy -- being dark inside the club, we weren't really sure what was being offered, so we took one of each :). I did see some small cones filled with chocoate, but they didn't come by. It was okay, since we had plenty. Overall, a very fun and delicious event.

This a a wonderful new surprise. I hope that HAL keeps it going for a long, long time. On a recent Westerdam cruise it started between 9:30 and 9:45 on the final Gala night. I was near the piano bar and about 20 HAL waiters came out with little trays of chocolates. I didn't try one, but I was impressed. It was fun and whimsical.

Has any one seen & tasted the chocolates & what did you think ?

TIA

I had it on Koningsdam in late summer 2017 in Norway.

The event took place the second gala evening throughout the bars on the second deck. The waiters came around with little trays serving little chocolate finger food like small cupcakes, lollipops, little choclate drinks etc.

I really enjoyed it!!!