Local Tours

CozGurl

At a lot of ports you can walk right off the ship and there are local companies that will take you on a tour that are often cheaper than the tours we see online. Is that true in Aruba or should we pre-book?

• 1 month later...

There's a tour booth set up in the cruise terminal. I've never stopped there and checked out their offerings though.

Years ago, we walked outside and someone approached us for an island tour for $20 ea. We took them up on it. Toured all the tourist attractions and then she left us at Palm Beach and came back and picked us up 3 hours later and we were the only ones that opted to get off at the beach. It was a really new greyhound type bus. I don't know if there's anything like that happening now but all it takes is a little time to check the folks inside and walk outside to see what's going on, then making a decision. I think we got the deal of a lifetime that day.

At a lot of ports you can walk right off the ship and there are local companies that will take you on a tour that are often cheaper than the tours we see online. Is that true in Aruba or should we pre-book?

We were wondering the same thing. Most ports have soooo many private vans waiting to take a group around the island, but when we went to Aruba for a resort stay, I don't remember seeing that. May just have missed it, but I'm having a vague memory of someone saying Aruba laws prevent them from doing this. I'd really like to know too :)