P&O Afternoon tea on Pacific Explorer

Please can anyone advise if there is a cost for this and what it is Also is it worth it??;);)

Yes, they do High tea on the Pacific Explorer, the Luke Mangan restaurant does it.

Its costs $25AUD.

I thik the lack of replies tells me that either no one thought it worth while or it was too expensive for anyone who reads this forum to bother with or an I wrong?

You did not give us enough time to reply to your thread :)

I thik the lack of replies tells me that either no one thought it worth while or it was too expensive for anyone who reads this forum to bother with or an I wrong?

It's Friday. This forum is always quiet on Fridays.

We have done the High tea on the Jewel in Salt Grille and in my opinion it was worth it. However, food (and tea) is subjective and some people would not appreciate the fine china and delicate servings for the high tea. My advice is if you like High teas, do it but do not have a big lunch.

Just remembered that in our case, it was a group of 12 for a birthday celebrations.

I would not normally go to a high tea even if it was free, let alone at $25pp,I would normally just have a cup of tea and it is not like you really need more food on a ship. IMO, I would do it again if it was for an occasion but otherwise not.

We have done the High tea on the Jewel in Salt Grille and in my opinion it was worth it. However, food (and tea) is subjective and some people would not appreciate the fine china and delicate servings for the high tea. My advice is if you like High teas, do it but do not have a big lunch.

Pretty much what we do. Have arvo tea, high tea, on days we’ve had a latish breakfast, skip lunch, have tea, then a late dinner. Noice on a sea day.

High Tea is lovely but I think dinner in Salt Grill is better value. I went on a cruise with a group of friends last year. We did High Tea in Salt Grill and were also booked into dinner. Unfortunately one friends watched every cent she spent and changed her mind so they ended up cancelling and by the time a few of us decided to go by ourselves it was booked out. Surprisingly this friend didn’t having any problems spending her money on the pokies. I guess everyone has different priorities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

High Tea is lovely but I think dinner in Salt Grill is better value. I went on a cruise with a group of friends last year. We did High Tea in Salt Grill and were also booked into dinner. Unfortunately one friends watched every cent she spent and changed her mind so they ended up cancelling and by the time a few of us decided to go by ourselves it was booked out. Surprisingly this friend didn’t having any problems spending her money on the pokies. I guess everyone has different priorities.

Good point to note there, which is something Windsor26 is doing.

It's good to book early as these functions can often be sold out. At a minimum you'll get a better selection of times to choose from by booking early, so good to consider in advance whether you want to book so you can book first day onboard.

Yep, I have friends who cannot see what is so great about cruising when you can caravan all over Australia. Different strokes for different folks.

You are served sparkling wine on arrival, a choice of teas, sandwiches and cake, then scones with jam and cream for $25.00.[ATTACH]425136[/ATTACH][ATTACH]425137[/ATTACH]

Sent from my A1_PRO using Forums mobile app

That's what ours looked like, a friend was impressed with the fine china tea cups, says it was very civilised rather than mugs or crockery. Also says the Tea tastes better.

My mother in law and myself are going to do afternoon tea on the Explorer next month.

So I am interested to know where you go to book it on the first day?

Thanks

Karryl

Hi Karryl

You can book it at Salt Grill

Hi Karryl

You can book it at Salt Grill

Thanks Cruisine21,

My mother in law would hate to miss out on high tea.

I don't want to get into the bad book.

Karryl

You are served sparkling wine on arrival, a choice of teas, sandwiches and cake, then scones with jam and cream for $25.00.[ATTACH]425136[/ATTACH][ATTACH]425137[/ATTACH]

Sent from my A1_PRO using Forums mobile app

Princess does a similar one in addition to the normal complimentary one. Another revenue producer for Carnival Corporation.

Princess does a similar one in addition to the normal complimentary one. Another revenue producer for Carnival Corporation.

I have never done a paid one on Princess.

But then I have never been on a Royal class ship, that will change soon.

I will be on the Majestic in September with my husband and will go along to it if it is in the patter.

Leaving the Mother in law at home for this cruise.:D

I have never done a paid one on Princess.

But then I have never been on a Royal class ship, that will change soon.

I will be on the Majestic in September with my husband and will go along to it if it is in the patter.

Leaving the Mother in law at home for this cruise.:D

They had it on Royal recently in IC Café area, I am sure it was $25, I doubt they got many takers. A new revenue producer I presume. Worth a try if so inclined, above all enjoy.