$99 Photo Package for 10 Day Alaskan Cruise?

boltnut55

It's 1 week before my cruise. I've been offered the package for $199, but when I search on google, I've also seen that others have been offered it for $99. Do you think I'll see an offer for $99 at all? Like a last minute special? Trying to see what my chances are, lol. ;p Not sure if it's based on how long the cruise is.

The $99 price was only offered the first few months of last year as Princess introduced the package and tried to find a pricing point.

On board the package will be $50 more than what you can buy it for pre-cruise.

We had the package on our British Isles cruise, got our moneys worth and far more! Haven’t seen it at $99 since it was introduced.

If your cruise is in less than a week I’d go ahead and buy it now, it definitely is $249 on board. I did not see any last minute specials on website or on board the ship, and the price is not based on the length of cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The $99 price was only offered the first few months of last year as Princess introduced the package and tried to find a pricing point.

Yes.

I was shocked when I saw the $49. Almost anyone who is interested in buying pictures would quickly

go over that amount with individual purchases.

Royal, November 2017:

37916418404_92821c6846_b.jpg

For sassyredhat:

Patti,

You mentioned that the package was especially worth it for Alaskan cruises. Can you tell me why Alaska is different than other cruises? This will be our first time to Alaska - I was going to skip the package because I felt it would be the same pix: Embark, dining room, formal, waterfall, etc. If Alaska has some different shots, I may reconsider. Thanks for your help.

Gail

Gail,

Can’t answer specifically why Patti thought it was so valuable for Alaska, but what made it so valuable for us is that we had a family group on the cruise. The package was purchased for one cabin (the cabin with adult daughter and one of the children) so all photos of the entire group or smaller groupings such as the two children or parents with children were included. We must have taken home 50 really nice photos so everyone got some.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We did the package in Alaska and loved it. We ended up with 12 pictures of our family with different glacier views behind us. We were pleasantly surprised by some of the formal pictures and loved the more casual ones. We walked away with 77 pictures!!

For sassyredhat:

Patti,

You mentioned that the package was especially worth it for Alaskan cruises. Can you tell me why Alaska is different than other cruises? This will be our first time to Alaska - I was going to skip the package because I felt it would be the same pix: Embark, dining room, formal, waterfall, etc. If Alaska has some different shots, I may reconsider. Thanks for your help.

Gail

Gail,

Can’t answer specifically why Patti thought it was so valuable for Alaska, but what made it so valuable for us is that we had a family group on the cruise. The package was purchased for one cabin (the cabin with adult daughter and one of the children) so all photos of the entire group or smaller groupings such as the two children or parents with children were included. We must have taken home 50 really nice photos so everyone got some.

Gail pretty much summed it up. We also were sailing with friends, so we shared.

Also, our cruise was 11 days so there were more photo ops.

Patti