Marriage on ship

Does anybody know approximately how much it would cost to get married on one of the ships...specifically the Anthem? My daughter just got engaged (this is hers and her fiance's second marriage) so I thought I would investigate this as maybe an option.

Does anybody know approximately how much it would cost to get married on one of the ships...specifically the Anthem? My daughter just got engaged (this is hers and her fiance's second marriage) so I thought I would investigate this as maybe an option.

Be sure you are sitting down before you read the price.

Those were actually pretty reasonable.

My daughter had a small wedding in a public park and it set me back $5,000.

Our daughter got married on board Liberty (at sea) and the cost was much more than $5000. Are you looking at a destination wedding, not at sea?

I’m sorta non traditional, so this might not be for everyone.. but we had a destination wedding and the logistics of getting a permit and applying for the marriage license was expensive and tedious, so we decided to go ahead without any of the legal paperwork in place . We had our ceremony with friends and family at the location of our choice and then waited to get home and filed for a friend to “officiate “ our wedding and just filed paperwork like we’d done it in our home state. Now maybe I’ll get flamed for this, but I’m just sharing how we did it. We didn’t bother bringing chairs or settings up decorations, the natural surroundings were far more beautiful than anything we could have done anyway.

If it’s a small group going you could always consider something similar.. go to a great beach or wherever and have the ceremony. Just a thought 🤷

Congratulations to your daughter!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those were actually pretty reasonable.

My daughter had a small wedding in a public park and it set me back $5,000.

The packages only include a cake for guests. If you want to provide them food or drink or more than record music that's probably where it gets $$$ fast.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Also they have a very limited number of ceremonies they can preform so if you are interested make sure you check with them prior to booking. Also it is an outside company that RCI contracts with. Do not trust that your email will get to them in a timely manner. Follow up with a phone call if you are still interested. There is also a 90 day planning time that they require.

I only know this because I looked into renewing my vows with my wife before our last cruise and they completely screwed up and I never ended up being able to do it.

It's definitely not inexpensive and they will nickel and dime you for everything. That being said, my husband and I just renewed our vows in February on Liberty and it was wonderful. Doing a wedding on a ship is not a good option for anyone that is a control freak because although you can customize some things, options are a bit limited. If they go this route, there is a great group on FB called Royal Caribbean Brides that can offer a lot of insight.