I'm on Anthem of the Seas 9 night cruise right now

5 yr wedding anniversary trip!

It was a little confusing in port to find where we were supposed to go but everyone was nice and the lines were short at 11am.

We found the bumper cars and I went hard. Probably wrecked my husband's back cause i was just AFTER him.* Wrecking him head on multiple times. It was fun.*He's fine!

We found the ice cream machines. People say they're always down but we got some before that happened.

We also found Sorrentos pizza.*Hubby said it wasn't bad. Did look hot and cheesy i just wasn't in the mood.

Our room was ready right at 1 like they said. Our Stewart Leon seems super friendly.

We went to the dumb old muster drill.

We got a good spot for sail away on the Solarium wings.*

We love making our own creations in the Bionic Bar. the lady running it runs a right ship and rushes people so*everyone gets a turn.

we got some sandwiches at 270 (kummel weck and 3 cheese grilled cheese!) and they had eclairs filled with chocolate!!!

We went to Boleros bar with live Spanish music.* The lady was Really good.*Beautiful voice.

Then we went back to 270 for a 3d type screen show. Images of flying through clouds, aliens,*etc, weird beautiful things but cool.*

Then we went to the All Aboard show in the theater which was basically a comedy show.*Captain Dennis was funny as well as the comedian Landry.

Back to 270 for a jazz show being broad cast live from Las Vegas.* i dunno why they're showing it, but again we like it.

After this we had a pizza night cap,*but i had their roasted veggies and garlic bread. 688efda42fd1d89e9553d22dbea6e000.jpg94cd3bf1e3e876a88cc858efb7ba07d9.jpgbc5a7c937629304df40000391155411f.jpge381be1202bfb2cd3964e3ec27a8f47a.jpg572c8d986c313b50c90226b74ec6549f.jpgad9380058216eb8dc5443bb04dffedc0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Following along, thanks for posting the compasses! Enjoy and have a great anniversary cruise! I sail in two weeks on the next 9-night, cannot wait!

If you like sing-a-longs and fun, go to Matt Yee's show, it's a blast! So glad he's going to be on in two weeks as well.

Day 2.

Me and hubby got up late and had brunch at Grande.*We have my time dining and didn't know if we were supposed to go to Grande or Chic but ithink they put us in Grande simply because they had tables open.

They had a salad bar where you tell them. what you want and they toss it in dressing and chop it for you.* I had truffle leek grilled cheese.* yummy.* Hubby had steak bernaise. He asked for medium, i think it was served a little passed that but he liked it anyway. We're easy to please.

Super windy today but everyone was out on the pool deck.

Hubby for a sea dog and loved it, and loved the options. He'll be back to try the others.

We watched people do the flow rider and the ifly. Even caught the instructor do a demo.

Went to vintages wine bar. Very quiet there. Saw people with their wine, reading books. I think they had coloring books or for kids as an activity.

Tonight was formal night and we had dinner at the Wonderland. Yes the dinner took 2 hours but it's not cause they were slow. They give alot of different courses, explain everything and it's good portion sizes so you don't just inhale and run. It was really nice. Hubby loved everything but the pork, too fatty.

Then had our portraits taken around the ship till it was time for our show.

Word to the wise, GO LATE. The portraits start at 530 till 1030 but we had dinner at 530 and didn't get out till after 7. The ship was a MADHOUSE. We went to a show and got out at 930 and had our pick of any photographer we wanted!

We saw The Gift. I know alot of people complain about it but I liked it. Plus I read all the reviews about what the show was supposed to be about so I guess it was easier to follow.

We went back to Boleros and danced the night away. I don't know the name of the singer but she is fantastic. what a voice!

Then we went to the late night adult comedy show with Landry. I don't know if kids were there but he poked fun at any parent who would bring their kid to this and might have even cursed extra to make any parent sorry they brought their kid. AND someone in the audience aked for dirty jokes and Landry did oblige.

He was great.

I didn't take many pix but i am taking videos, ill post the you tube links later.

Its actually day 3 right now. We're already docked in Bermuda but i don't think anyone's allowed off till 8.

Another note, the balcony smokers are out in full force. I can't actually see who but when I go out on my balcony in the morning I'm hit in the face with cancer stick smoke. It's really disgusting. 9730212d71f45cd9e6412cb163e8cc57.jpg20085f15367087959a9404edd561375d.jpgefa4c7433c3a8f4a394b32731cbc7c12.jpg206ace60ebf1489eb1e812d4054027ff.jpgcfe07f6abf6617d1a02f504ddab50b2c.jpg

oh I forgot to mention, I finally had the pizza after the comedy show. It's ok. It's thin and soggy, like a Celeste microwave pizza or something. But it is cheesy and there's nothing else open so. .. It's good enough.

I think the comedy show ended at 1230 and the line was out the door for pizza!8e9ab6538d4b2b5ff2694a285e632107.jpg

Thank you thank you. We are on the next 9 night. May 31. Can u see if they have smoothies in the solarium bar? Please. Have an awesome trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is exactly what I was going to ask. Also on 5/31 and hoping the smoothies have been restored.

Have been on the Anthem a few times and I enjoy this ship second only to the Oasis class. By the way, did you happen to go to the MDR for lunch on sea days and do they have the chocolate fountain to go along with the Tuttti salad bar. Looking forward to our 9 niter in August to NE/Canada. Enjoy the ship and all of it's offering.

Ps Wonder if the shows have been updated. Wasn't particular impressed with the line up on our Jan. sail.

Day 3

We got the buffet for breakfast today, we got there late - maybe 1030 ands they close at 11. It was crowded but not unmanageable. Ate at the tables outside with a view of Bermuda.

We were supposed to be in. Bermuda for 8 to 330 but I think we got there early and people got to get off maybe half an hour early. Since we've been there twice and got up late we stayed in the empty Solarium pool and Jacuzzi for hours.*Then the indoor pool as well. We talked to a couple of couples.* Mostly retired couples who had been on a million cruises already. Most people love StMartin and Aruba.

We went up in the North Star. We are both bigger and I think my hubby is past the weight limit but they let us right on. They did not weigh anyone.

PS there's steps up to the North Star and an elevator. If you don't arrive in a wheel chair you have to walk the stairs. One family did not know this rule and had a member who would get winded by the stairs. They kind of made a fuss to the guy letting people in (he doesn't make the rules, just has to enforce them). In the end he called someone higher up than him and asked for permission to let their family member take the elevator and the man was able to.

The spiral stairs are not a long/high walk if you're luckily enough to have full mobility. If you get seriously winded by 1 or 2 flights for whatever reason you may want to ask ahead for the elevator or show up in a wheelchair.

Dinner at Jaime Olivers restaurant. SO GOOD. So many tiny Italian apps. Cheese,*arrincini, peppers, garlic bread,* fried polenta, and more. Then i had eggplant parm and hubby had a truffle cheesy pasta. such a good sauce.

The waiter Octavio was great and he told us if you have the dining package you get 40% off a bottle of wine. We got a bottle but didn't finish. The bottle can follow us to another restaurant tomorrow.

Dessert was a really soft, gooey, chocolate brownie with caramel pop corn pieces.* Yummy.*

We went back to Boleros for a bit.

Even if you're not a fan of 70s music don't miss the 70s groovy night in the music hall!