Monitoring Price Drops

I'm not sure if anyone else does this, but i check the price drops for the cruises i book on a daily basis from the RCCL website. The prices does change on occasion but my C&A discounted price doesnt... Is there an easier way to do this or must i do this manually?

Don't worry about the C&A discount, just check the published price and if it drops call.

Agree, I also check everyday. Total saved over last 4 yrs is about $8500 in reductions on 22 cruises. So worth my daily monitoring...

It's nice to know that I am not the only one that does this. I check my air fare as well. :-)

:D:D:D

I am doing it on my current cruise. NOT on RC. The last drop that i didn't act on was only a $14 difference. The price is going up now. It may drop again, it may not.

I got the AMEX $100 off, then upgraded to a balcony at almost the lowest point, so was very affordable. And purchased gift cards with additional free bonus cards with money on them. So, still really happy.

Will you lose your OBC if there is a price drop?

If the price drops, they rebook you under the new pricing. If the new pricing doesn’t have the original OBC. Then you will lose it because you are now under the new promotional price. Happy Sailing!!!

Will you lose your OBC if there is a price drop?

Depends. If the OBC was based on a promo and that promo does not exist with the new price, then you lose the OBC. If the OBC was from booking on board, then you would keep it.

Depends. If the OBC was based on a promo and that promo does not exist with the new price, then you lose the OBC. If the OBC was from booking on board, then you would keep it.

Unless your on board booking was non refundable and your cruise is under six months from the date that you change. I believe if it is under 6 months you would lose that OBC from booking on board

Unless your on board booking was non refundable and your cruise is under six months from the date that you change. I believe if it is under 6 months you would lose that OBC from booking on board

I've not seen the OBC terms lately, so maybe my understanding is out of date. However, I thought if you booked over 6 months in advance, you got some extra OBC for the non-refundable deposit. I would expect that extra OBC to be lost if a change was made with under 6 months to go, but I thought you would keep the base OBC.

Thank you Bob- it was from booking online. I don’t expect a price drop- but I always like to know how things work.:)

I've not seen the OBC terms lately, so maybe my understanding is out of date. However, I thought if you booked over 6 months in advance, you got some extra OBC for the non-refundable deposit. I would expect that extra OBC to be lost if a change was made with under 6 months to go, but I thought you would keep the base OBC.

Here it is in black & white:

Important information regarding your onboard booking Terms and Conditions

 IF YOU BOOK A NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT FARE RATE OR A GRAND SUITE OR HIGHER CATEGORY OFSTATEROOM [OR A CATEGORY W, X, Y OR Z GUARANTEE STATEROOM], YOUR MINIMUM DEPOSIT REQUIREDWILL BE NONREFUNDABLE. THESE ARE “NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT NEXTCRUISE BOOKINGS” or “NDNBOOKINGS.” FOR NDN BOOKINGS, THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY.

 CHANGES FOR NDN BOOKINGS* : For Guests who make a NDN Booking, changes made during the first thirty (30)days after that NDN Booking was made shall not be subject to a Change Fee, changes made to the ship or sail date afterthat 30-day period has expired shall be subject to a Change Fee (currently $100 per person but subject to adjustmentwithout notice); in either case, the deposit shall remain nonrefundable.

 For all NextCruise Bookings, the special promotional offer that you received as part of your NextCruise Booking (the“Special Promotional Offer”) will adjust in the event that you make any changes. In lieu of that Special Promotional Offer,your cruise would be booked at a prevailing rate available in your country as of the date of your change. The NextCruisePromotional Offer you received, currently either NextCruise Dollars Off or the NextCruise Onboard Credit Promotion willbe handled as provided below.

 CANCELLATIONS FOR NEXTCRUISE BOOKINGS: NDN If the guest cancels a NextCruise Booking prior to the finalpayment due date, the cancellation terms applicable to your booking (which may vary from country to country) will apply.For NDN Junior Suite and below Bookings with a reduced deposit of $100 per person, the reduced deposit will be held infull penalty and no Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”) will be issued. If additional money has been placed on the NDN reduceddeposit booking fulfilling the standard minimum required deposit and the booking cancels prior to final payment, an FCCwill be issued for the minimum deposit less the $100 per person service fee. For NDN Grand Suite and above Bookings,Royal Caribbean will issue an FCC to the guest named on the cancelled NRD Booking. The FCC will expire 12 monthsafter it was issued and shall be issued in an amount equal to the nonrefundable deposit paid minus a $100USD perperson service fee. No FCC will be issued if the nonrefundable deposit amount is $100.00 or less.

 NEXTCRUISE DOLLARS OFF AND OBC PROMOTION: Guests who make a NDN Booking are eligible for ourNextCruise dollars off promotion or Future Onboard Credit (up to $500 per stateroom depending on length of voyage andtype of stateroom or suite). Guests who make a NDN Booking at least 6 months in advance of the sail date are alsoeligible to receive up to $100 per stateroom in NextCruise dollars off or Future Onboard Credit (depending on length ofvoyage and type of stateroom). Guests who select our refundable fare option are eligible for a Future Onboard Credit (upto $150 per stateroom depending on length of voyage and type of stateroom.)

 FOR ALL GUESTS, a NextCruise Booking may be combined with certain groups and require a full deposit and possibleloss of your promotional offer and/or Onboard Credit offer. Visit your Cruise Sales Team onboard for full Terms andConditions and/or visit the Royal Caribbean website in your country of residence.

* Nonrefundable Deposits may not be permitted in certain countries of residence. In that event, the NDN Booking shall be convertedto a refundable deposit booking program and the special NextCruise offers applicable to refundable deposit bookings shall apply inlieu of the NextCruise offer selected by the consumer.

When I read the price guarantee policy on the RCC website it says they only do this within 48 hours after booking? Or is this something different? Noticing a small drop in our cruise fare for Ovation booked in Dec 2019 so trying to find out if I can take advantage of this or not. We did book about two months ago. Never tried before!

When I read the price guarantee policy on the RCC website it says they only do this within 48 hours after booking? Or is this something different? Noticing a small drop in our cruise fare for Ovation booked in Dec 2019 so trying to find out if I can take advantage of this or not. We did book about two months ago. Never tried before!

The 48-hour price guarantee applies to bookings made after final payment date. You only have 48 hours after making your initial booking.

I don't find any of the above to be very accurate or timely anymore. The best is just checking yourself on Royal's or a third party site

I check all the time also, but it is now more difficult to do that. In order to see the refundable fare you now have to fill in all the guest information. And just checking the NRD will not be accurate because the surcharge amount for refundable changes. As I posted earlier, when I booked at the beginning of May the additional cost for refundable was $192 for the 2 of us and today it is $469. It may be easier to just see if the NRD decreased and then call, but so far I've been going through the process myself (sigh).

Now, I am really confused. We haven't cruised in 5 years and just coming back to the boards. So, if I book for a October Canada/New England cruise now, can I get reduced rate if I see it drop? Is it only the first 48 hours??

And with few options for Fall Canada/New England cruises, do I dare wait?

Now, I am really confused. We haven't cruised in 5 years and just coming back to the boards. So, if I book for a October Canada/New England cruise now, can I get reduced rate if I see it drop? Is it only the first 48 hours??

And with few options for Fall Canada/New England cruises, do I dare wait?

I would go ahead and book it. If you see it drop, then you have to cancel and rebook the new lower fare.

 IF YOU BOOK A NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT FARE RATE OR A GRAND SUITE OR HIGHER CATEGORY OFSTATEROOM [OR A CATEGORY W, X, Y OR Z GUARANTEE STATEROOM], YOUR MINIMUM DEPOSIT REQUIREDWILL BE NONREFUNDABLE. THESE ARE “NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT NEXTCRUISE BOOKINGS” or “NDNBOOKINGS.” FOR NDN BOOKINGS, THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY.

 CHANGES FOR NDN BOOKINGS* : For Guests who make a NDN Booking, changes made during the first thirty (30)days after that NDN Booking was made shall not be subject to a Change Fee, changes made to the ship or sail date afterthat 30-day period has expired shall be subject to a Change Fee (currently $100 per person but subject to adjustmentwithout notice); in either case, the deposit shall remain nonrefundable.

Not that I doubt you, but I was told otherwise, that I could still make changes (same ship, same room if lower cost) until final payment day on a non-refundable booking but the rep could be wrong if what youre quoting is 'law'

Not that I doubt you, but I was told otherwise, that I could still make changes (same ship, same room if lower cost) until final payment day on a non-refundable booking but the rep could be wrong if what youre quoting is 'law'

We booked a NRD for March 2019 back in February. We have gotten three price drops within the past two weeks without any issue. I believe the change fee only applies if you are changing dates or ships.