Larger, Square YC1 Cabins - which ones?

Robkat

I've seen quite a few references made to "larger square YC1 cabins".

I pulled out the deck plan and tried to figure out which cabins these are. Are they the ones that indicate they can accommodate a 3rd and/or 4th? In the deck plan, all the YC1 cabins look to be the same size.

And ... are they harder to book if there are only two in the cabin, or will they let them go on a first come, first served basis?

Thanks!

Harder to book. They also use these for people that they upgrade to YC when the YC is not full. And, yes, in any case I believe you need three or more guests.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Not necessarily. We just booked one a couple of weeks ago for a Grand Voyage next March and there are only two of us in the cabin.

Robkat ................ if you are looking at the deck plans for Divina, the cabin numbers are 15028, 15029, 15030, 15031, 16032, 16033, 16034 and 16036.

One of the rooms we had last week was 15029. It was nice to have the extra room at the end of the bed. It would be perfect for a crib. I'm not sure if we took any pics of that room though. I think I have one or two off the balcony though.

Thanks for the 411 on these cabins.

Boy oh boy, I wish we'd known about these when we made our reservations. I know that this year's cruise is almost sold out, so we're out of luck on that one; but maybe we could still try to finangle one of these for next year's!!! In any case, good to know what everyone's referring to!

I also didn't know about these, the only ones that looked larger on the plans were the Handicapped ones on the corner. We booked this one, 16006, and it was really quite a bit larger than the other ones (we stole a peek into the other cabins when we walked past). I'll try to find a picture of the inside of the cabin. It was really big, but I think we sacrified the walk in closet. We didn't mind, there were four of us, so we were happy with the extra room.

I've seen quite a few references made to "larger square YC1 cabins".

I pulled out the deck plan and tried to figure out which cabins these are. Are they the ones that indicate they can accommodate a 3rd and/or 4th? In the deck plan, all the YC1 cabins look to be the same size.

And ... are they harder to book if there are only two in the cabin, or will they let them go on a first come, first served basis?

Thanks!

They are square and only for 3 or more people.

My experience:

- If booking in advance, these cabins are only shown as available if the booking is for 3 or 4 people.

- Close to the sailing date (2 weeks in my case) these cabins became available for a booking of 2 people.

No idea if this applies to just the sailing I was on, or in general. I also have a feeling the cruisenext consultant can book these if you book onboard, regardless of the sailing date (as they seemed to have access to more rooms than shown on the website).

My experience:

- If booking in advance, these cabins are only shown as available if the booking is for 3 or 4 people.

- Close to the sailing date (2 weeks in my case) these cabins became available for a booking of 2 people.

No idea if this applies to just the sailing I was on, or in general. I also have a feeling the cruisenext consultant can book these if you book onboard, regardless of the sailing date (as they seemed to have access to more rooms than shown on the website).

We booked ours 8 months out - for 2 people!

The Cruise Consultant can only offer the cabins that are allocated/available to your country. He/she does not have the ability/authority to request stock from elsewhere.

Hi NC ................ what you neglected to mention is that there were only 2 of you, too, on the booking. It's being stated that those cabins are only for 3 or more guests. That's not always the case, as you and I can attest to.

Snagging one for our Grand Voyage really clinched the deal!

Hi NC ................ what you neglected to mention is that there were only 2 of you, too, on the booking. It's being stated that those cabins are only for 3 or more guests. That's not always the case, as you and I can attest to.

Snagging one for our Grand Voyage really clinched the deal!

Edited now :D Yeah, a Grand Voyage in a Square YC1 is awesome:)

NC ... thanks for the video!

That could have been a room in Prince's house .... or yacht! :') Love that rich, sumptuous purple!

Question for those in the know ...

we saw that the Seaside YC1 cabins are going to be larger than the ones on Divina. Will that make them the size of the 8 larger, square cabins in Divina? And, if not, would anyone know if they'll have select, larger YC1 cabins, the way the Divina does?

Hopefully that is the case, and that would be awesome!

Thanks for the quick response Bea ... as newbies on MSC and on the MSC area on CC, we appreciate all your info and opinions.

NC ... thanks for the video!

That could have been a room in Prince's house .... or yacht! :') Love that rich, sumptuous purple!

Question for those in the know ...

we saw that the Seaside YC1 cabins are going to be larger than the ones on Divina. Will that make them the size of the 8 larger, square cabins in Divina? And, if not, would anyone know if they'll have select, larger YC1 cabins, the way the Divina does?

You'r welcome. Here is a video from the YC1 made during my recent cruise on the MSC Meraviglia. This video will give you a better idea of the square cabin size. Enjoy:) As Bea said, Chances are, the same size will apply on Seaside. Let's hope that.

wab8ZLd8lH0

Regular YC1 on MSC Divina and the Fantasia Class:

BKtQugdI8uw

NC ... Thanks for posting these two videos. They show quite clearly the difference in size between those 2 cabins! Loving the larger YC1 cabins on the newer ships!

And, as an aside, I'd like to tell you how much I appreciate how nice and slowly you go when you make your videos. Firstly because so many videos are way too quick, and I get a little queasy watching the room spinning around! And secondly, a slower pace allows the viewer to really take in the smaller details!

So, kudos to you for your easy to watch and comprehensive videos!

:)

NC ... Thanks for posting these two videos. They show quite clearly the difference in size between those 2 cabins! Loving the larger YC1 cabins on the newer ships!

And, as an aside, I'd like to tell you how much I appreciate how nice and slowly you go when you make your videos. Firstly because so many videos are way too quick, and I get a little queasy watching the room spinning around! And secondly, a slower pace allows the viewer to really take in the smaller details!

So, kudos to you for your easy to watch and comprehensive videos!

:)

You'r welcome :) Thank you very much for your kind words, appreciated. I'm glad you find the videos useful. More to come :)

Hey NC .................. your signature needs updating again - Seaview ain't sailing this year :*

Bytheway ............. I notice in your Preziosa video of the square YC cabin that you had an armchair. That wasn't the case on Meraviglia. I wonder if we'll have one on Splendida. :confused: Not that I particularly want one - we won't need it and it only becomes something else to throw things on and mess the room up more LOL. It also clutters the cabin. Maybe handy when more than 3 in the room. I may ask the butler to have it removed if there is one. I'm sure for a 28 night cruise he/she will oblige.

Edited by Beamafar

Hey NC .................. your signature needs updating again - Seaview ain't sailing this year :*

Bytheway ............. I notice in your Preziosa video of the square YC cabin that you had an armchair. That wasn't the case on Meraviglia. I wonder if we'll have one on Splendida. :confused: Not that I particularly want one - we won't need it and it only becomes something else to throw things on and mess the room up more LOL. It also clutters the cabin. Maybe handy when more than 3 in the room. I may ask the butler to have it removed if there is one. I'm sure for a 28 night cruise he/she will oblige.

Good evening BEA :D Ups, I did it again:* Udating in progress:cool: I believe you will have an armchair on the the Splendida as we had it in the square cabin we had on the Divina as well. Seems like all the Fantasia Class have them in the square YC1 cabins. They are very comfortable though and it's cozy in the evening. One person in the big sofa and the other one in the armchair and a bottle of redwine or a GT on the table between :*

From what I've been told it's for 3 or 4 passengers. You can book one of those rooms BUT if a party of 3/4 wants the YC they will change your cabin to accommodate that party. You take a chance but that's what it is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Not according to the rep I booked with in UK MSC office. She told me categorically that once you're assigned a YC cabin, you will NOT be moved.

Not according to the rep I booked with in UK MSC office. She told me categorically that once you're assigned a YC cabin, you will NOT be moved.

Well I hope that's right because it's not what I've been told here in the US and if you go back on threads people have had cabin changes for no real reasons, let alone something reasonable.

So what they tell you is if the YC isn't completely booked but there is a party of 3 and your a party of 2 in a room for 3/4 you absolutely get to keep your room and that party is just out of luck?

I don't know about that and I certainly don't trust MSC to stand by that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app