Egypt Tour and Nile River Cruise Review

MVPinBoynton

We have just posted the review of our Egypt tour and Nile River cruise to our website www.thepreismans.com . It was an awesome experience. We saw some amazing places. I still can't believe that I have actually been there.

We took 2,800 photos. It was painful to have to limit how many we could put into the review. I still put in more than I should have, so it does take a while to download. For those that have already enjoyed the splendors of Egypt, I hope this brings back some fond memories. For those that have trips to Egypt already booked, I hope the review helps in your planning. For those of you that are thinking about visiting Egypt, I hope this review and others on this board help you to make the decision to go. It is an experience that should not be missed.

Hi Mike --

I just got home from a long day at work, and your news that you've posted your review has boosted my spirits immensely! :)

I look forward to enjoying the review and the pictures. And yes, it is very hard to edit the photos down to a manageable amount, lol!

In a month I'll be flying off for a couple weeks of cruising in the Caribbean, but for now, your review and photos of Egypt will keep me satisfied, and will bring back many wonderful memories! :D

I was interupted a couple of times, but I just finished your great travelogue. A wonderful read!!

I am quite envious that you had the wherewithall to post pictures in the appropriate places in the review -- much nicer than how I just posted mine on another site.

I was sorry to hear of the various sticky wickets along the way, but I think any trip to Egypt is bound to have those. The overall trip, and the wonders that we got to experience, in my mind anyway, far outweighed any of the trials and tribulations.

Glad you're home safe and sound and on the way to a full recovery.

You didn't mention it, but did you get "Pharaoh Finger" from shooting so many photos? ;) And thank you again for posting all of them! I'm really enjoying them! :D

Tom,

Glad you enjoyed the review and I am sure it brought back many fond memories. Hopefully I had some photos that you lost on your bad flash card. I believe that you lost some at the Temple of Luxor. I didn't get Pharaoh Finger, probably because I took less photos than I normally do. Now if I could have taken them inside all the places where photos weren't allowed, my finger could still be in a cast. :D

When going on any trip, I never expect perfection. I expected lots of negatives, and they were much less than anticipated. Also, the positives were much greater than anticipated.

Hello Mike, my friend. As always, we are just one step behind you on cruises. One of these days, maybe we'll catch up and actually be on the same cruise with you. That would be a treat for me!

We will be in Egypt next spring. I was so excited to see your photos and read your (as always) excellent commentary. You had a grin on your face the entire time! Thank you for posting and sharing. I know it was a lot of work.

Please give my best wishes to Carol.

p.s. to SEAFUN --- I read your fantastic review. In fact, I've read it several times. Great job. Thank you for sharing with us. It was wonderful.

Hello Mike, my friend. As always, we are just one step behind you on cruises. One of these days, maybe we'll catch up and actually be on the same cruise with you. That would be a treat for me!

Well, that's an easy problem to solve! Come and join us in 2009 for the Danube cruise on Amadeus' new ship! We would love to have you with us. :D

As always, a great review !! So jealous that you flew in during daylight and got great photos from the plane. We arrived at night and couldn't see anything.

Sorry you got mummy tummy. It probably was the ice at the Hard Rock. BTW, the sign in the Hard Rock bathroom is in EVERY Hard Rock bathroom.

What was the name of the restuarant in Giza where you ate before the pyramids? I've started planning our next Egypt trip and that one looks good.

Well, that's an easy problem to solve! Come and join us in 2009 for the Danube cruise on Amadeus' new ship! We would love to have you with us. :D

I knew it! Believe it or not, but that's a cruise we plan to do in 2010 -- we want to combine it with seeing the Passion Play in Oberammergau that summer.

Have heard such great things about the Danube cruises.

What was the name of the restuarant in Giza where you ate before the pyramids? I've started planning our next Egypt trip and that one looks good.

Mike is at the office, so I'll answer your question for him. It was called the Sphinx Cafe. As you can see from the pictures, it is located right there, a little to the left of the actual Sphinx.

I knew it! Believe it or not, but that's a cruise we plan to do in 2010 -- we want to combine it with seeing the Passion Play in Oberammergau that summer.

Okay, here's what you do -- instead of going to Europe in 2010, come with us to Asia. ;) We haven't booked it yet, but we are looking at the Azamara Quest for Feb. 20, 2010. Think about it. :D

Okay, here's what you do -- instead of going to Europe in 2010, come with us to Asia. ;) We haven't booked it yet, but we are looking at the Azamara Quest for Feb. 20, 2010. Think about it. :D

Carol , just sent you an email re Asia.

Beautifully done! I've just spent 2 hours reading and looking at every picture you had!! It was amazing!!!! My husband and I leave for Egypt on Tuesday, October 14th and your review on Egypt and your Nile cruise couldn't have come at a better time! I'm not sure GCT company has their act together as well your tour company, but if it is half as nice as your trip, I will be THRILLED!!!!! But that's another story!.....Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review!:cool:

All the best

Trish

Trish,

So glad you enjoyed it. I remembered that you were leaving not too long after we got back, so I am glad we finished it in time. Just don't expect things in Egypt to go smoothly and you will hopefully be pleasantly surprised. There are a lot of things outside of the tour company's control. But just being there is an awesome experience and I am sure you will have a great time. I can assure you that you will never forget the wonderful sights you are about to see.

:D I'm thinking. I'm thinking. :D

Good friends of ours loved Azamara Quest, by the way.

Well, I was in Egypt at the exact same time as you and went to all the places you wrote about so expressively. I am sitting at my computer still trying to process the 450 pictures I took on my trip and wondering if I should just not bother and should just use yours instead... I don't see how I could possibly sum up my Egyptian experience any better than you did. I have the exact same pictures, had the exact same experience... I was on the King Tut III but probably tied up next to your boat at some point... I remember seeing it along the way.

Wonderful to read your review... maybe I can print it and pass it off as my own!!! You described everything perfectly.

Scrapchick,

I am glad you enjoyed the review. I do remember seeing the King Tut on the Nile. You certainly want to process all your pics. They might be of the same place, but they are your creation as seen through your eyes. That makes them special to you. Enjoy them.

Hard Rock….Mike the tee shirt picture really brought out a big smile and you could not have given me a more perfect souvenir of Egypt if you had tried.….I have been visiting The Hard Rocks for over 20 years and been collecting their city tee’s for almost as long. On most of our vacations it’s the only thing I buy for myself. Its was a really big treat for me to get to see what the Cairo City tee looked like…the only thing that will top it is when I get their and buy one….Thanks !!!!

What a fantastic review. Thanks for taking all that time to provide a truly informative and interesting read. My wife had 95% decided on a Crystal Med cruise, but we may now change our minds and do an Egypt Tour/Nile river cruise.

Archived