Luggage tags if bid accepted

klo0315

I apologize if this has been answered. I tried to search but couldn’t find anything.

If your upgrade bid is accepted, what do you do about your luggage tags? Since you don’t find out if your bid was accepted until close to your sail date you won’t get new ones from NCL right? So do you not use the ones they sent initially? Obviously if your bid is accepted your tags would be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can always get luggage tags from the porters. I have never in my life printed luggage tags, and have well over 40 cruises under my belt.

This. My TA says that printing luggage tags is a waste of time and paper because the porters tag them anyway and THOSE tags are what is used to deliver the bags.

This. My TA says that printing luggage tags is a waste of time and paper because the porters tag them anyway and THOSE tags are what is used to deliver the bags.

Nope. Porters don’t do tags unless your bag is tagless. Your TA is providing fake news.

With porters, you always run the chance of the writing the wrong room number or write something the crew can’t read. Printed labels always a lot safer.

Nope. Porters don’t do tags unless your bag is tagless. Your TA is providing fake news.

With porters, you always run the chance of the writing the wrong room number or write something the crew can’t read. Printed labels always a lot safer.

It isn't fake news as I have personally seen porters re-tag bags that were already tagged. Whether it is safer is a matter of personal opinion. Just like I never let a bag go at an airport without confrming that it is properly tagged, I wouldn't let one go at a pier or hotel without confirming that both the ship and cabin number are legible. Personally, I think the ones that have to be printed are so flimsy I wouldn't trust them and would welcome a better quality tag than the one I can print. YMMD. My point was that a very experienced travel agency specializing in cruising actually prints in its confirmations that pre-printing tags is not necessary.

It isn't fake news as I have personally seen porters re-tag bags that were already tagged. Whether it is safer is a matter of personal opinion. Just like I never let a bag go at an airport without confrming that it is properly tagged, I wouldn't let one go at a pier or hotel without confirming that both the ship and cabin number are legible. Personally, I think the ones that have to be printed are so flimsy I wouldn't trust them and would welcome a better quality tag than the one I can print. YMMD. My point was that a very experienced travel agency specializing in cruising actually prints in its confirmations that pre-printing tags is not necessary.

My TA only does cruises (the word cruise is part of the agency name & we first cruised with her over 20 years ago), and she always prints out my eDocs & luggage tags & sends them to me.

Porters will certainly put a tag on a tagless bag or a bag with a tag issue but they most certainly do not tag every bag. The vast majority are tagged by the passenger and that is all that is needed to get the bag to the proper cabin.

So you're saying that the porters are going to tag every bag for passenger prior to boarding, right? Picture the Escape with over 4000 pax and probably well over that number of bags (not sure how many porters but will guess 7-8) and your TA is saying all of those bags will get retagged; how does that even make sense.

I can tell you for sure that on all my cruises, my original paper tags have always been the only tags on my bags when they are delivered to my cabin.

So yes, agree with others, this is fake news/information; in call centres, it's called "blowing smoke" and many reps learn to do it very well.

Porters don’t retag bags unless there is a problem. We cruise 5-6 times a year and have never had a porter retag a bag, ever.