First Time MSC Fantasia Cruiser

Dthorne1

Hello:

My wife and I leave for our first MSC cruise in less than two weeks.

We are RCCL cruisers, and were curious about the speciality dining.

We eat at Chops Grille almost every night. Is there something similar on Fantasia?

I see the steakhouse experience for $21 per person. Do they offer any seafood? Wife doesn't eat steak.

We are yacht club, so are drinks included in this price or our yacht club price?

Thanks

The speciality restaurant on Fantasia is a Tex-Mex. I can't remember ever seeing fish included on the menu. It's not a restaurant I would recommend (having eaten in it a few times due to the Black Card perk, including on Splendida before they changed it to Butcher's Cut).

If you really want a steak, you could always purchase the T-bone in the MDR for a similar price (it's €18 when the currency onboard is Euros). They serve a very nice glass of red wine with it (it was Brunelllo di Montalcino "Col d'Orcia" when we were onboard). Great value! Of course, being in YC, you should get better cuts of meat; ask the asst m'D about the availability of steak for the cruise. He may be able to arrange for you to have it more often than would be the norm.

You will get the deluxe (premium) package included in YC for use around the rest of the ship (the YC enclave is all-inclusive, so you don't need your cruisecard when ordering drinks. The only things not included on the menu will have a price against them). All items on the menus in the bars/lounges outside of YC - except those with 2 asterisks, which are Super Premium - are included for you.

Edited by Beamafar

Hello:

My wife and I leave for our first MSC cruise in less than two weeks.

We are RCCL cruisers, and were curious about the speciality dining.

We eat at Chops Grille almost every night. Is there something similar on Fantasia?

I see the steakhouse experience for $21 per person. Do they offer any seafood? Wife doesn't eat steak.

We are yacht club, so are drinks included in this price or our yacht club price?

Thanks

I have dined in Chops a half dozen times and have yet to be impressed. You will definitely want to dine in the YC dining room every night. You will find the food and service there to be better than any other DR on Fantasia.

• 2 weeks later...
I have dined in Chops a half dozen times and have yet to be impressed. You will definitely want to dine in the YC dining room every night. You will find the food and service there to be better than any other DR on Fantasia.

I wasn't impressed with Choppes either! Hoping the Speciality on Fantasia is better!

If you are in YC then your drinks are free all over the ship. We found the YC dining room had better food than the pay restaurants, this was on Meragvilia.

Sent from my iPad using Forums