Pride cruising to Bremuda and docking for a few days next July, thoughts?

LongHill44

Carnival Pride will be docking in Bermuda for 3 days next July and I had a few questions.

Do we have our own beach?

Chairs/huts?

Does the CHEERS program work anywhere there once off the ship?

Things to do while in this port?

No you wont have your own beach.

No Cheers will not work on the island.

Check the Bermuda Port of Call board for ideas to do while there. We went in 2015 and spent a day at Horsehsoe Bay beach (beautiful!), went to the caves, and a bunch of other things.

Carnival Pride will be docking in Bermuda for 3 days next July and I had a few questions.

Do we have our own beach? No, but there are at least 16 free public beaches you could visit.

Chairs/huts? All depends on the beach, some have kiosks for all types of rentals others are just sand and water.

Does the CHEERS program work anywhere there once off the ship? No cruise line's drink program works off the ship at this port it is not a private island.

Things to do while in this port? http://www.bermuda-attractions.com, http://www.gototbermuda.com

The 2.5 days you are in port is barely enough time to do the top 10 activities on this island. The public transport system is easy and affordable, with stops within a 10 minute walk of popular attractions and beaches.

Personally I've been there 5 times with 4 different cruise lines and plan on at least several more cruises to there after 2020.

We dd this cruise on Pride last year. It was a lot of fun. Loved being at dock for multiple days. The first day we did a full-day island tour, had dinner on the ship and then walked over to do mini-golf (one of the most challenging course I've ever played). The second day we spent the morning with Greg Hartley and his helmet diving excursion. Had a great time. We did Restless Native's sunset cruise after dinner, How can you go wrong with unlimited rum swizzles and fresh baked cookies? The third day we left port at lunchtime so we took the morning to shop right by the pier. Full review is at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2522670.

We dd this cruise on Pride last year. It was a lot of fun. Loved being at dock for multiple days. The first day we did a full-day island tour, had dinner on the ship and then walked over to do mini-golf (one of the most challenging course I've ever played). The second day we spent the morning with Greg Hartley and his helmet diving excursion. Had a great time. We did Restless Native's sunset cruise after dinner, How can you go wrong with unlimited rum swizzles and fresh baked cookies? The third day we left port at lunchtime so we took the morning to shop right by the pier. Full review is at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2522670.

We're going in June 2019, I am going to read your review right now. Thanks for taking the time to post it :)

One big surprise for us on our cruise to Bermuda was everything is shut down on Sunday. They are not tourist centered like many other island that open up just because a ship is in port. Public transportation starts later in the day and ends early, if the route is running that day at all. That is very important if you want to go out to dinner. You will probably need a taxi to return to the port. Quite a few of the TOP 25 attractions/stores/restaurants are closed for the day. If you are there on Sunday, check ahead before you make your schedule.

What are the dates for next July. I looked & all I saw was Bahamas & Grand Turk.

When I go to cruisetimetables and choose Pride, it only gives me the Grand Turk & Nassau. But when I use Bermuda a Port of Call, I get June 30 7 day to Bermuda. So the cruise leaves in June but is in Bermuda in July. EM

When I go to cruisetimetables and choose Pride, it only gives me the Grand Turk & Nassau. But when I use Bermuda a Port of Call, I get June 30 7 day to Bermuda. So the cruise leaves in June but is in Bermuda in July. EM

Yes, I did see that 1 :)

Thanks