One more Drinks on Us question

MISTER 67

Do They charge 15 % everytime when you buy a drink

Yes, that is why we upgraded to the Classic Package for $18 more pp per day. By doing that the gratuities are included so we get a lot better choice of drinks and do not have to pay that 15% everytime. In the end it works out better for us.

Yes, that is why we upgraded to the Classic Package for $18 more pp per day. By doing that the gratuities are included so we get a lot better choice of drinks and do not have to pay that 15% everytime. In the end it works out better for us.

... just to add that you avoid the 15% service charge on the upgrade only by doing it before sailing. If you wait 'til onboard to upgrade, the 15% will be added to the cost.

B&B is a cordial, Benedictine & Brandy all in one bottle.

I'll have to look out for that and give it a try. We're doing a US based MSC cruise in January; hopefully they'll have it onboard (not sure that it would be available on cruises in other regions :confused:) I usually have a port & brandy after dinner when cruising (otherwise, I have it at Christmas).

Do both my DH and I have to upgrade or can I just do it?

Yes, all in cabin must upgrade, so for two people it is $252.00 usd for Classic upgrade from Drinks on Us.

Look at your drink options with upgrade and calculate what you will drink, remember juice and bottled water, and add 15% from the menu price to know what Drinks on Us will cost you for your cruise. For us, it was obvious to upgrade for increased selection and getting included the Venchi coffees, gellato, hot chocolate, etc... not to mention better wine, beer, and cocktail choices all with zero added gratuities.

Example:

0.5l sparkling water is $2.75 so $0.41 added to each one you get for ‘free’ with Drinks on Us...so for us that is >$25.00 just for water gratuities

Then add 15% for juice for breakfast, couple of beers at lunch, couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and drinks at bars nightly...adds up fast...then add the ala carte Venchi and bars items not on Drinks on Us...menu price plus 15%....

Again, the $252.00 for the two of us...easy choice.

Regardless, enjoy your cruise!

Do both my DH and I have to upgrade or can I just do it?

Yes, all in cabin must upgrade, so for two people it is $252.00 usd for Classic upgrade from Drinks on Us.

Look at your drink options with upgrade and calculate what you will drink, remember juice and bottled water, and add 15% from the menu price to know what Drinks on Us will cost you for your cruise. For us, it was obvious to upgrade for increased selection and getting included the Venchi coffees, gellato, hot chocolate, etc... not to mention better wine, beer, and cocktail choices all with zero added gratuities.

Example:

0.5l sparkling water is $2.75 so $0.41 added to each one you get for ‘free’ with Drinks on Us...so for us that is >$25.00 just for water gratuities

Then add 15% for juice for breakfast, couple of beers at lunch, couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and drinks at bars nightly...adds up fast...then add the ala carte Venchi and bars items not on Drinks on Us...menu price plus 15%....

$252.00 for 7 days? How much per day?

Will it also cost 18 dollar a Day Per person on the ship or do We have to upgrade before sailing

The 'Drinks on Us' package is only available on US bookings, Preziosa, but, to answer your question, anyone upgrading a drinks package onboard is liable to a 15% service charge on top of the price to upgrade, which you can avoid by upgrading before your cruise.

Can I get a drink in the main dinning room with the " drinks on us pkg. "??

george35

You can certainly get the included wine, beer, soft drinks and water, George. I don't know if they serve spirits in the MDR on US-based ships; they don't on Med cruises. Here's a link to the drinks included in that package (if you haven't already seen it):

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guise%20with%20DRINKS%20ON%20US.pdf

Juice is not on the breakfast menu? Is it solely a bar item that I have to order and pay a surcharge for?

We always have breakfast in the buffet and the Divina had dispenser machines with various juices including orange, they were OK but being from Florida it's wasn't up there with our favorite brand. I would bet they have a selection of juices on the MDR menu for breakfast.

No liquors with Drinks on Us. We upgraded to the Deluxe package at $ 26 per person for the six days. Well worth it; loved the cappuccino and fancy drinks in the Venchi coffee bar. Chocolate martinis, milkshakes etc. And a very good red wine (Oberon Cabernet) which is $12.50 a glass outside of the Deluxe package.. Hemingway Daquiri at the Atrium bar (6th deck). It's well worth it to upgrade. We certainly got our money's worth.

...Example:

That is 60 bottles of water.