Peninsula club and Princess

madscienceteacher

Been trying to find the answer to this without any luck.

We have previously done 14 nights on Ventura so we are 10 points short of the first loyalty level on P&O.

We have just returned from 12 nights on a Princess ship and our P&O history was recognised to take us up to the Gold tier on Princess.

Does it work the other way? Will P&O recognise our Princess cruise?

Thanks

Mandy

Been trying to find the answer to this without any luck.

We have previously done 14 nights on Ventura so we are 10 points short of the first loyalty level on P&O.

We have just returned from 12 nights on a Princess ship and our P&O history was recognised to take us up to the Gold tier on Princess.

Does it work the other way? Will P&O recognise our Princess cruise?

Thanks

Mandy

Sorry no they will not. Also when you go on your next cruise with P and O (if you do) although you are only 1 night short, you will not get anything until the cruise following that. Ie if your next one is 7 nights, that will take you over into the first level, but it would be the following cruise from that where it will show.

I think it used to work both ways years ago, but not now.

Hi

I asked our travel agent this yesterday as we've got quite a high grade with Princess and have just booked a P and O cruise. Sadly, according to the person I spoke to, the points no longer transfer from Princess to P and O. But I'd be very happy if someone can prove her wrong!

The reciprocal points recognition has now ceased. Previously P&O awarded HALF rate points for a Princess Cruise completed (based on number of days in cruise) now they do not. Princess currently recognise P&O cruises as 1 cruise credit point and x number of days, being the number of days the cruise lasted.

Regards John

I get the impression that Princess can cope with the small numbers of P&O regular cruisers going to them. The other way round would be a problem as P&O already have large numbers of higher tier cruisers.

I get the impression that Princess can cope with the small numbers of P&O regular cruisers going to them. The other way round would be a problem as P&O already have large numbers of higher tier cruisers.

Princess would welcome any cruisers from any country and customer service is superior on Princess. That is why I stopped cruising with P&O. Princess have a lot more higher tier Elite in their Captain's Circle Club than P&O and handle it very well with far better rewards.

Edited by majortom10

Princess would welcome any cruisers from any country and customer service is superior on Princess. That is why I stopped cruising with P&O. Princess have a lot more higher tier Elite in their Captain's Circle Club than P&O and handle it very well with far better rewards.

Princess do have a higher proportion of "Elite" cruisers and on round tripcruises from Ft Lauderdale this is dometimes a major problem with the laundry services. This does not tend to be a problem for them on UK and other European cruises or indeed Japan and Far East.

Regards John

But you get to the top far quicker with Princess.

Took me ten years, how long does P&O take!

200 days at sea. For Caribbean

250 days at sea + 80 days in 3 year for Baltic

250 days at sea + 200 days in 3 year for Lagurian

But you get to the top far quicker with Princess.

Yes and you stay there none of this nonsense where you are Liguarian then your Baltic and then you are Caribbean. Elite benefits are still better than Liguarian benefits and not everbody is fortunate to be able to either afford or get holidays to cruise 201+ plus days every three years.

Yes and you stay there none of this nonsense where you are Liguarian then your Baltic and then you are Caribbean. Elite benefits are still better than Liguarian benefits and not everbody is fortunate to be able to either afford or get holidays to cruise 201+ plus days every three years.

P&O loyalty reward is not good!

And I refer you to what I said when last this was discussed anyone who cruises with any cruise line because of the club benefits is daft.

They are a little extra that is all.

And I refer you to what I said when last this was discussed anyone who cruises with any cruise line because of the club benefits is daft.

Little being the operative word [emoji23]

I agree entirely but what annoys me about P&O is at every Peninsular Club party that you go on they bleat on about loyalty but it is only ever one way from customer to P&O. They introduced the Peninsular Club and at the time we were Baltic and among benefits were priority booking of speciality restaurants in embarkation lounge onboard which is now gone because everybody can book in advance pre cruise whether its their first time or umpteenth cruise. Why have they dropped this benefit just to make money because you now have to pay in advance so no loyalty there from P&O. Finally a benefit of lunch with champagne in a designated lounge on embarkation but since inception of Peninsular Club hjave always had embarkation times of 3pm or later so pointless benefit if you adhere to times.

I agree entirely but what annoys me about P&O is at every Peninsular Club party that you go on they bleat on about loyalty but it is only ever one way from customer to P&O. They introduced the Peninsular Club and at the time we were Baltic and among benefits were priority booking of speciality restaurants in embarkation lounge onboard which is now gone because everybody can book in advance pre cruise whether its their first time or umpteenth cruise. Why have they dropped this benefit just to make money because you now have to pay in advance so no loyalty there from P&O. Finally a benefit of lunch with champagne in a designated lounge on embarkation but since inception of Peninsular Club hjave always had embarkation times of 3pm or later so pointless benefit if you adhere to times.

Don't get me started [emoji1] I also agree you don't book a cruise for the loyalty, however the recent erosion of benefit makes it a marketing farce. Anyway we've done this to death on another thread [emoji51]

I am going to try Princess but I suspect tea and coffee in the cabin will always swing it for me [emoji477]️

But the free mini bar (for elite members/Caribbean tier with P&O) may swing it back??

I agree entirely but what annoys me about P&O is at every Peninsular Club party that you go on they bleat on about loyalty but it is only ever one way from customer to P&O. They introduced the Peninsular Club and at the time we were Baltic and among benefits were priority booking of speciality restaurants in embarkation lounge onboard which is now gone because everybody can book in advance pre cruise whether its their first time or umpteenth cruise. Why have they dropped this benefit just to make money because you now have to pay in advance so no loyalty there from P&O. Finally a benefit of lunch with champagne in a designated lounge on embarkation but since inception of Peninsular Club hjave always had embarkation times of 3pm or later so pointless benefit if you adhere to times.[/QUOTE]

You won't be refused boarding if you turn up outside your designated time IF you are Caribbean tier or above.

Hear Hear. The so called 'benefits are really poor. We are Caribbean or is it Baltic or Ligurian on our next cruise and because we have a deal of OBC the 10% discount is unlikely to kick in. We are Elite with Princess and really value their benefits.

Cb