What exactly is "Tropical casual"

ryano

Reading the Cruise Compass in Beachcampin's Live Freedom thread I noticed one night dress suggestion is "tropical casual". I havent seen that mentioned here before?

Coconut bra and grass skirt.:eek::D

I would guess Hawaiian shirt and khakis or sundress type stuff for the ladies.

I don't own any Hawaiian shirts and don't plan to buy one specifically for my cruise (even though Goodwill probably has them for $5 or less), so I guess this night will just be casual for me.

I saw one day of Beachcampin's cruise compass had a misspelling of "SHIITAKE" too. CC filters won't even let me post the error :rolleyes:

They're trying to set a theme. We had that on one of our cruises. Think Caribbean/Hawaiian shirt, linen pants and boatshoes. But anythings fine. Flannel shirt, jeans, and work boots would likely be more "Alaskan casual." :)

Many people wore the Caribbean/Hawaiian shirt for men and women tended to wear sun-dresses (if there is such a thing). My wife wore a long casual dress with flowers. Looked the part. Those who didn't have anything "tropical" just wore whatever they had. As I remember, on our cruise they did a Midnight buffet and had the Caribbean band playing on the pool deck. It was a fun night. Really had the spirit of a "Caribbean Cruise."

I don't own any Hawaiian shirts and don't plan to buy one specifically for my cruise (even though Goodwill probably has them for $5 or less), so I guess this night will just be casual for me.

I use a $4 Salvation Army hawaiian shirt and my girlfriend uses a floral sundress she bought from a street vendor in Falmouth, Jamaica for about the same price.

I'd go with more of a J. Crew/Vineyard Vines approach myself, just because I think Hawaiian shirts look hideous on most people (don't kill me please!).

But honestly, whatever you're comfortable with. You'll see people wearing a little bit of anything and everything.

This...

I'd go with more of a J. Crew/Vineyard Vines approach myself, just because I think Hawaiian shirts look hideous on most people (don't kill me please!).

But honestly, whatever you're comfortable with. You'll see people wearing a little bit of anything and everything.

Watch episodes of "Burn Notice". Take some fashion tips from Sam Axe (the Bruce Campbell character).

We had a beach casual wedding (in south Florida) and whenever someone asked what was appropriate for beach casual I said "Just Google Burn Notice. Dress like any of them" :D

I've never seen "tropical casual" listed......but it would be whatever you want, with the exception of shorts!

Every time I have sailed out of PR there has been a tropical casual night and shorts are common for both men and women for this night as many think tropical and shorts go in the same sentence.!!

I've never seen "tropical casual" listed......but it would be whatever you want, with the exception of shorts!

Agreed.

Shorts do not meet the smart casual dress code suggested for some nights on some cruise lines; in fact you would not be allowed to enter the buffet, on some cruise lines after 6pm, dressed in shorts, let alone the MDR!!

Tropical casual,................a brightly coloured shirt for the men and similar top for the ladies is just fine.

Agreed.

Shorts do not meet the smart casual dress code suggested for some nights on some cruise lines; in fact you would not be allowed to enter the buffet, on some cruise lines after 6pm, dressed in shorts, let alone the MDR!!

Tropical casual,................a brightly coloured shirt for the men and similar top for the ladies is just fine.

Oh change is a coming. Oh happy day on the way. [emoji568] [emoji106]