What cruise port in San Juan does Carnival Fascination sail out of???

kelbre

• 2 weeks later...

So our ship (the Carnival Fascination) is sailing out of old San Juan terminal, has anyone stayed at the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites?? my hubby found this hotel & it looks pretty good but we forgot that there are two cruise ports in San Juan. Can anyone verify if this hotel is close to the old san juan terminal? thx in advance!!:)

Kathy

Kathy, the Best Western Condado is not real far from the cruise port that the Fascination docks at but definately cannot walk there, it is a few miles. There are lots of hotels within a couple of miles and a handful in Old San Juan.

It sails out of the Old San Juan terminal.

Hmmmm... if you mean the piers that ships dock at when VISITING San Juan, no... it's a different location where ships start/end cruises. It's called the Pan American Pier and it's in Isla Grande, across the harbor from Old San Juan. That's the pier where they have the facilities to handle luggage and supplies during embarkation and disembarkation.

My cruise that leaves from San Juan is in January. I'm HOPING the Embassy Suites doesn't cancel my reservation. Right now they aren't accepting any new reservations until after December 31. Keeping my fingers crossed. My suggestion is that you make several reservations at hotels that are offering them for the dates you need... book rooms you can cancel. This way, if one or more of them are not back in business by then, you stand a chance of having a room somewhere. I wouldn't be picky, either. LOL

Hmmmm... if you mean the piers that ships dock at when VISITING San Juan, no... it's a different location where ships start/end cruises. It's called the Pan American Pier and it's in Isla Grande, across the harbor from Old San Juan. That's the pier where they have the facilities to handle luggage and supplies during embarkation and disembarkation.

My cruise that leaves from San Juan is in January. I'm HOPING the Embassy Suites doesn't cancel my reservation. Right now they aren't accepting any new reservations until after December 31. Keeping my fingers crossed. My suggestion is that you make several reservations at hotels that are offering them for the dates you need... book rooms you can cancel. This way, if one or more of them are not back in business by then, you stand a chance of having a room somewhere. I wouldn't be picky, either. LOL

Totally Agree with the recommendation for several hotel reservations. Take a look at the two hotel threads on this forum and it might be helpful.

Not always do ships who overnight in San Juan dock at the Pan American Pier. The smaller ships do spend the night at the Old San Juan pier. I know that Viking is one of them, but not sure about yours.....

So our ship (the Carnival Fascination) is sailing out of old San Juan terminal, has anyone stayed at the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites?? my hubby found this hotel & it looks pretty good but we forgot that there are two cruise ports in San Juan. Can anyone verify if this hotel is close to the old san juan terminal? thx in advance!!:)

Kathy

We stayed at this hotel this past January. Hotel was very adequate. Pool, clean rooms , manager is most accommodating, CVS is right across the street. Lots of restaurants in area to walk to. Hotel shuttle from airport was included. We took a taxi to the ship....we made one mistake there. We should have gotten the taxi quote before we got into taxi. There was a major festival going on and the driver overcharged us as he apparently did not want to go there. Had we gotten the written taxi quote first this would not have happened. Others we spoke to on the ship later on did not pay as much as us. Not the fault of the hotel. We would not hesitate to stay here again when San Juan is up and running again.

The Carnival Fascination is based in San Juan - or will be, when it comes back from its charter and drydock. It uses the Old San Juan Pier - never, ever (except in the direst of emergencies) the Pan Am Pier.