SD1 here we come

Tiki_Man

Good afternoon all. The Tiki's are wheels up from Atlanta tomorrow morning (Nov 18) for a couple of days in Antigua and then step aboard SD1 on Monday the 20th for our Thanksgiving sailing. We did a similar sailing on SDII last Thanksgiving so this is starting to feel familiar.

Work is done, packing our bags, and ready to enjoy warm sunshine and smiling faces soon on SD1. Looking forward to some relaxing in Antigua and hopefully stop by Shirley Heights on Sunday night. I will report back on how the logistics of embarkation and disembarkation are handled from Antigua.

We are supposed to visit St Barths, Anguilla, St. Kitts and Nevis (Anguilla is always iffy and depends on the wind, but right now the forecast seems in our favor). Not sure where they have the caviar splash planned, but I am sure the crew will create an entertaining afternoon.

It will be interesting to see how the Hurricanes affected the islands and I will post a couple of updates if I can find good wifi.

For us, this is when it truly starts to get fun, when we are packing sunscreen and bathing suits and passports. Might enjoy a pre-vacation libation tonight to get in the mood ;p (and get in shape for the sailing haha).

Cheers to all

Tiki

Good afternoon all. The Tiki's are wheels up from Atlanta tomorrow morning (Nov 18) for a couple of days in Antigua and then step aboard SD1 on Monday the 20th for our Thanksgiving sailing. We did a similar sailing on SDII last Thanksgiving so this is starting to feel familiar.

Work is done, packing our bags, and ready to enjoy warm sunshine and smiling faces soon on SD1. Looking forward to some relaxing in Antigua and hopefully stop by Shirley Heights on Sunday night. I will report back on how the logistics of embarkation and disembarkation are handled from Antigua.

We are supposed to visit St Barths, Anguilla, St. Kitts and Nevis (Anguilla is always iffy and depends on the wind, but right now the forecast seems in our favor). Not sure where they have the caviar splash planned, but I am sure the crew will create an entertaining afternoon.

It will be interesting to see how the Hurricanes affected the islands and I will post a couple of updates if I can find good wifi.

For us, this is when it truly starts to get fun, when we are packing sunscreen and bathing suits and passports. Might enjoy a pre-vacation libation tonight to get in the mood ;p (and get in shape for the sailing haha).

Cheers to all

Tiki

Looking forward to hearing from you! Happy sailing!!

Quick update. Antigua airport is clean and easy to navigate although Delta and American do not use Jetway's so a bit of a walk. Carlisle Bay provided a "go to front of immigration pass" nice touch. 45 minutes from Airport. Wonderful resort. Prince Charles was actually here for 3 days and just left last night for London. Caught a glimpse with his security detail as they left

Went to Shirley heights and it was again so much fun. Wore my Tiki Shirt. Headed to SD1 in a bit. Another couple here will be on board and also a family. Weather is ideal.

Cheers

Tiki

Do you plan to post a picture of you onboard SD in your Tiki shirt?? Looking forward to your posts. :cool:

The "splash" is usually at Coconut Grove in St Kitts on this route. If so, it's a favorite of mine. You'll like it.

Your posts make us anxious to be doing the swimsuit, passports packing, but we still are a couple months out.

Have a fantastic time (how can you not). BTW, If you like beach bars try out Elvis' in Anguilla, Lime in Nevis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good morning from St Barts. Majority of shops in GustavIA still closed for season. Even Le Select, we are acroso the street. Island seems fine from appearance but no one here as far as yachts 3 total.

Antigua embarkation - let's just say it was a CLUSTER. I will explan later but MAKE SURE YOUR DRIVER USES THE NEVIS STREET QUAY ACCESS. Ours did not and it was not a pleasant experience trying to get on board.

70 pax total BUT with 14 kids. YIKES

Capt Lund, Gareth, Silvio, Mike and entirely new bar staff. Still hopeful for Anguilla tomorrow. Weather is good. Ironically 18 people from Georgia on this sailing ?????

Will try to check in again from St Kitts if WiFi

Cheers Tiki

Hi Tiki

I just booked the feb 2 SD 1 cruise and this will be my first time on SD. I have looked and can't find a list any where of what the current included beverages are. When you have time could you post a list of what the current Bourbon, Vodka, Gin, Rum, and Champagne are?

Thanks, Roberts.

Hi Tiki

I just booked the feb 2 SD 1 cruise and this will be my first time on SD. I have looked and can't find a list any where of what the current included beverages are. When you have time could you post a list of what the current Bourbon, Vodka, Gin, Rum, and Champagne are?

Thanks, Roberts.

"14 KIDS"?? Yippeeee....[emoji30][emoji33][emoji43]

Disclaimer: my phone has the international plan, so DH will be posting soon under my screen name with details, but just to foreshadow his comments, a few teasers:

Adults on SD1 stage mutiny against ankle biters;

Possible Ho Hum sighting; and

Mrs. Tiki consumption requires wine transfer from SD2.

Stay tuned...,

Enjoying your tease. Hope the weather is good. Pretty sure if you had a Ho-Hum sighting you would remember it......He and the Christopher Lloyd character in Back to the Future use the same hairdresser...:cool: We feel your pain about ankle biters. I am afraid we hold the record. Sailed SDI with 30! rug rats...:eek:

Good evening all. Tiki here stealing Mrs Tiki account

Anguilla was a GO and it was outstanding. A lot of Irma damage but recovering. Shoal Bay is an amazing beach. 20 min cab for $22 Per couple. Dont miss it

St Kitts is at South Friars Bay also known as Carombola Beach Club. So so but very easy.

Splash will be at Nevis with a new location so stay tuned

SD2 came along side this morning to swap a crew member for wine and other provisions. Obviously our little group needs the wine to tolerate the ankle biters. Got a really wonderful pic of SD2 alongside with a rainbow positioned over the funnel. It was perfect

The crew onSD 1 are fantastic. We are having dinner with Capt Lund tonight. Can’t say enough about their hard work

Kids - Just not enough bandwidth at the moment to comment. Not SD fault and really not the kids fault. As far as the parents, well that is another story. Oh well. Wine cures most ails and ills

Last. Can not confirm or deny however a certain SD2 passenger with shockingly unruly white hair in white linen shirt seemed to be “humming” along while waving to all on SD1

That is all for now. Cocktails calling. Will check in tomorrow from Nevis

Tiki

Good afternoon from the caviar champagne splash at Nevis. New location. Chrishi Beach Club. North of Charlestown. Lovely setting. Hot Hot today. Wish I could figure out how to post pictures

Best part of today, standing next to Gareth just before the splash and he gets on his radio to the bridge and says "make some noise" and they start blowing the ship horn as they pop open champagne. Brill isn't

Cheers to all

Tiki