Cruise-itis

sandy toes

Here we are all starting to come down with Cruise-itis.

It is that FUN virus that seems to get more intense as the countdown clocks near the single digits.

Anxiety builds, the search for the right swimwear can even cause nightmares of dressing room mirrors, luggage needs to come out of closets, and kennels must be called for the pets (they need a holiday too).

We live in a 4 season area and, depending upon itinerary, have to get clothes that we have packed away. Hopefully the holidays have been kind to us and they all will still look good.

Has anyone else noticed it at their house?

The teen is wanting to pack and we still are 20 days out!

The 7 yr old just wants to be sure we have Pooh Bear in the carry on. She is telling her friends this will be "his" 3rd cruise.

I usually wait until about 3-4 days before to pack. I check the girls things and then just grab my things together. I do NOT over pack and the teen makes up for what I don't bring!

The teen is wanting to pack and we still are 20 days out!

The 7 yr old just wants to be sure we have Pooh Bear in the carry on. She is telling her friends this will be "his" 3rd cruise.

I usually wait until about 3-4 days before to pack. I check the girls things and then just grab my things together. I do NOT over pack and the teen makes up for what I don't bring!

You're better than my wife ! We've been cruising (usually 2 a year) since 2007. And EVERY year (AFTER we've come back from that cruise) I hear the SAME 'old song and dance'. A MONTH or six weeks BEFORE the day we leave, it's.. "Oh !! I am NOT gonna wait till the last minute, I WILL..' But, true to form, the night BEFORE we leave, she'll realize we're leaving early the next morning and spend the ENTIRE night rushing around, like a maniac, throwing everything in suitcases , swearing like a sailor, 'Ohhhhhhhhhh, THIS will NOT happen...' and it trails off..:rolleyes: I just sit there and smile, because ALL I care about is, are the passpports AND necessary paperwork packed and clean under ware. ( I know, I know, TYPICAL man traveler!;p I do NOT care IF I have a hairdryer OR if my shoes match my outfits ! So there ! That's WHY they call it 'vacation':')

Mac