RCCL: No Family Time Dining Availability?

spangnash

We are sailing the end of Feb on RCCL's Allure of the Seas, with our 3, 4, and 6 year old boys. We just learned we may not be able to get the Family Time Dining (where they come pick up our kids 45 minutes into dinner) as we apparently have to be signed up for the early dinner time, which we are not, and it is fully booked. What are some other options that might allow my husband and I to actually enjoy a nice meal without our boys? Can we just drop them off at the Adventure Ocean Club on the way to dinner????

Most cruise lines hold some dining reservations for the ship. You can go to the maitre d when you board and explain the situation and hopefully they will accomodate you. No guarantees, but it's worth a shot.

We were able to reach the people in charge of dining prior to sailing on Cunard by email, so you can also call royal Caribbean and see if they will give you a phone number or email address of the people in charge of dining reservations. I don't think it's likely you will be able to reach anyone, but it doesn't cost anything to try (we were able to switch to early dining on Cunard prior to boarding thankfully)

When we sailed this summer with our 5 year, there were 2 nights out of our 7 night cruise that there was a kids club dinner. You have to sign up in them morning (look at the daily bulletin/patter) and drop the kids off around 6 (i think). They take the kids to a special section of the buffet and they had pizza. There is a limit to how many kids can attend the dinner but my son loved it. After dinner they went back to kids club. Also, you can pay an additional fee to leave your child in kids club past 10 pm.

In our family, we always do late seating. We take our kids to the Windjammer feed them dinner, then drop them off at the Adventure ocean when they open at 7. Then my husband and I head to dinner in either the MDR or a specialty restaurant. This works great for us because our children have no interest in a long sit down dinner. Just another idea to throw out there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In our family, we always do late seating. We take our kids to the Windjammer feed them dinner, then drop them off at the Adventure ocean when they open at 7. Then my husband and I head to dinner in either the MDR or a specialty restaurant. This works great for us because our children have no interest in a long sit down dinner. Just another idea to throw out there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We do the same - however, on this past cruise, we were able to switch to early dining a week before we boarded. So I would definitely stop by the MDR after you board and see if you can get reassigned. If not, see if you can book early reservations for MTD. But WJ always worked best for us - it usually opens by 6pm, and kids club usually opens by 7pm. If our son made friends, we would do Adventure Dining a few times - I think you drop kids off around 5:45 or 6, and kids club takes the kids to WJ to eat. They have roped off section, and kids can eat pizza, hamburger/cheeseburger, hot dog, Mac n cheese, and then they are walked back to the kids club.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums