Jolly Pirate!

mixplix

Did the Jolly Pirate morning excursion in Aruba. About 15 minutes from ship to Moomba Bay, right next to Marriott properties. Book in advance and fill out online waivers and just grab your pirate boarding pass. Cost was $60 pp for the four of us. Boat was large enough so never felt crowded, plenty of shade and sun.

First stop was over shipwreck, stayed about 25 minutes, water was choppy but my inexperienced kids were fine.

Second stop was also about 25, at a beach, still fun. At all stops you could jump off boat and practice flips.

Third stop was snorkel but highlight was rope swing. They served lunch here - chicken rib rice and potato salad with piece of melon.

Crew was great the entire time - very funny but Safe. And the booze - it flowed from start to finish - and I felt it at the end (nothing a little beach nap couldn’t cure).

Highly recommend!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How easy, or difficult is it to get in the water from the Jolly Pirates boat? It looks like a great trip but in the videos I've seen snorkelers are jumping into the water and I don't see anyone using steps or a ladder. Also, how crowded are the boats? I've read a post somewhere that said it was difficult to move around the boat because it was so packed.

Is there an alternate excursion company that would take snorkelers to these same spots with less people and a boat that's easier to get on and off of? TIA

How easy, or difficult is it to get in the water from the Jolly Pirates boat? It looks like a great trip but in the videos I've seen snorkelers are jumping into the water and I don't see anyone using steps or a ladder. Also, how crowded are the boats? I've read a post somewhere that said it was difficult to move around the boat because it was so packed.

Is there an alternate excursion company that would take snorkelers to these same spots with less people and a boat that's easier to get on and off of? TIA

I've never been on Jolly Pirates but I've been on Black Pearl. They only take around 20 or so people, maybe less. They have an easy ladder to get in and out of the water. If you are interested, book asap. They book up quickly.

I've never been on Jolly Pirates but I've been on Black Pearl. They only take around 20 or so people, maybe less. They have an easy ladder to get in and out of the water. If you are interested, book asap. They book up quickly.

That looks perfect however they don't do weekends...we're arriving on a Saturday and leaving Sunday :( Thx tho!

Recognizing that time of year would alter this (spring break etc), what would you say the average age on the boat was?

Original poster - do you mind if I ask the age of your kids? Curious as I have a 5 and 7 year old and considering booking. Both are fish, so it’s not the water that’s a concern. Lol.