San Diego BevMo

dee2673

I did a search of the forum and found out that RiteAid and Ralph's are good places to buy wine to bring onboard and fairly close to the cruise pier. I was looking at BevMo close-ish to the airport, as I can order online and pick up in the store.Sort of a run in and run out. Anyone done that?

Looking at google maps, BevMo appears to be fairly close to the airport. We'd just have our Uber driver take us there and then continue to the port...Yes? No? Maybe?.Thanks for your help. It will be Sunday 12/23..We're doing an unthinkable (for us) and flying in on embarkation day..:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I wouldn't bother with ordering in advance. I shop BevMo and it's laid out very well and if you know what you want you should be able to find it and get out the door quicker than probably waiting for them to go in the back and find your order.

We always take care of our drivers..[emoji16]$$$..we have a local BevMo we like. Just seems the selection would be the best as we intend to bring several bottles ( we know about the corkage). We will likely still order online. We tend to get lost in a wine store, lol. We’d like to just jump in and out so as to free up the driver and get aboard ASAP. Otherwise, we’d browse and lose track of time. We’ll probably order either than morning or the day before and let them know how we’d like it to be done. Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can not speak to BevMo but did exactly this at Total Wine in FLL. Caught a taxi at the airport, had him go to Total on 17th St, jumped out, my wine was at the front desk. Had to show ID and CC that I had used to pay. Out of store in under 5 minutes and back in cab to port. Imagine Uber would work just as well.

R U buying a lot?? IF you just need a couple of bottles of wine I'd not bother going the opposite direction from the cruise port to pick them up when prices are fairly decent in other closer spots.

IF you are buying a lot for some reason it might make sense.

Also you'll need to see your timing to know if you have plenty of time to stop along the way for those items.

We rarely bring stuff on board so for me I'd just want to get to the ship.

R U buying a lot?? IF you just need a couple of bottles of wine I'd not bother going the opposite direction from the cruise port to pick them up when prices are fairly decent in other closer spots.

I have to agree, if it's for a couple of bottles then it's not worth the extra detour. The G street Deli has a decent selection of wine plus a bunch of other stuff (fantastic sandwiches) and is just a couple of blocks up the street from the cruise port. It's probably cheaper than BevBo.

I think we’re just going to get a Wine package onboard. And stop closer to get my two corkage free bottles. We’re still deciding. We brought wine onboard last cruise and enjoyed having our favorites. But we have so much OBC and I am a brand new 3 Star mariner with 25% off wine packages. And we’re really not all that picky.

I think we’re just going to get a Wine package onboard. And stop closer to get my two corkage free bottles. We’re still deciding. We brought wine onboard last cruise and enjoyed having our favorites. But we have so much OBC and I am a brand new 3 Star mariner with 25% off wine packages. And we’re really not all that picky.

This is probably the best idea. The BevMo you are looking at is not the most..reliable...for orders. Placed order for work...they didn't get much correct, and as a result the quick 5 minute in and out turned into 40 minutes, while they found and then corrected order.

In addition it is a Sunday, before Christmas, may not open early, typically most stores of specialty (not your grocery, drug, or big box) don't open until 10 or 11 on Sunday's. While a last shopping day, would assume BevMo will not get same volume of shopping as say a Walmart or target, so they won't need to open earlier.

The BevMo you are referring to is not between the airport and the cruise ship pier. It is in the Loma Portal/Rosecrans area, with heavy traffic. You would be closer to the Trader Joe's at Liberty Station, or even the Von's supermarket at Liberty Station, although this is also in the wrong direction to get to the cruise ship pier. Either way, I suspect you would need to book 2 separate Uber rides...one to get you to the store, and a second to take you back to the pier (and requiring you to load/unload and manage your luggage as well).