Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

cruzin'd

We will be in Jerusalem and rather then taking the included tour to Tel Aviv would like to go on our own so we can take a open-air bus tour that leaves from Reading Station. Is there an easy way to go from Central Bus Station in Jerusalem to Reading Station in Tel Aviv? Will a sherut take us directly and how would the price of a sherut compare to the bus----So many questions, so little time.

Thank you

We will be in Jerusalem and rather then taking the included tour to Tel Aviv would like to go on our own so we can take a open-air bus tour that leaves from Reading Station. Is there an easy way to go from Central Bus Station in Jerusalem to Reading Station in Tel Aviv? Will a sherut take us directly and how would the price of a sherut compare to the bus----So many questions' date=' so little time.

Thank you[/quote']

There are several buses that run from the Jerusalem CBS to Tel Aviv, but I'm not sure which will go to directly to Reading Station. However, the 480 runs every 15 minutes to the Arlozorov Terminal in Tel Aviv, where you can take a taxi to Reading. The trip takes just over an hour, and costs about 20 NIS each. The taxi to Reading will be around 40 NIS (per cab, not per person), and should be less than 20 minutes.

BTW, if you're intention is to take the open-air bus, there is a stop a 5 minute walk from Arlozorov Terminal, right near the Azrieli towers. You can catch the bus there, and finish the circuit at the same stop, then return to Jerusalem from Arlozorov Terminal.

(I'm not sure about the sherut to Tel Aviv, as I've only traveled the route by bus or private car, but I know that one place you can catch them is across from Zion Square in downtown Jerusalem, and I'm guessing that you could also find them near the CBS, probably on Jaffa Street. I don't know if they would take you directly to Reading- hopefully someone else on CC will know.)

A scenic alternative is to take the train from Jerusalem (the station is near the Malha mall) to the Azrieli towers (HaShalom station), and from there take a cab to Reading (or go directly to the nearest open air bus stop). The trip takes about 90 minutes and costs approx 21 NIS (half price for seniors with ID). You can buy your ticket online, or at the station.

HTH!

Ruth

That sounds like a plan! Thank you. I think there is also a bus that goes from CBS in Jerusalem to the Clock Tower in Tel Aviv and the open air bus stops there. I wasn't sure if you could begin the tour at one of its' stops or if you had to begin at Reading Station.

I thought that the open air bus would be a good way to get an overview of Tel Aviv and stop at Jaffa for lunch. We haven't been there in about 10 years.

Thank you-

Shalom

We will be in Jerusalem and rather then taking the included tour to Tel Aviv would like to go on our own so we can take a open-air bus tour that leaves from Reading Station. Is there an easy way to go from Central Bus Station in Jerusalem to Reading Station in Tel Aviv? Will a sherut take us directly and how would the price of a sherut compare to the bus----So many questions' date=' so little time.

Thank you[/quote']

Please clarify - you say you will be in Jerusalem - and yet this is a cruise forum. Will you be in Jerusalem on an extension or an overnight from your cruise? Or are you saying Jerusalem, because that is what is listed next to the port of Ashdod?

Jerusalem is inland - many cruises list the port of Ashdod as Jerusalem. That is because most tours to Jerusalem originate when the ship docks in Ashdod. If you will be in Ashdod and want to get to Tel Aviv, Jerusalem is not part of that equation. You can take the shuttle bus that will be on the dock to the train station in Ashdod, or the bus station and from there easily get transportation to Tel Aviv. Another option would be to take a taxi from the port directly to Reading Station in Tel Aviv.

Archived