QM2 - cabins 'at the end' of the ship

CarstenWL

Hi,

I still am puzzled if a cabin at the far end of the QM2 has any (big) drawback. Have (now) a reservation of cabin #6298 on the port side for the journey Hamburg - NYC starting May 20th that I have to confirm until Monday evening. No other cabins more to the middle of the ship available on port side ...

This will be our first voyage on the QM2 (and basically on any cruise liner).

I crossed the Atlantic both East and Westbound on much smaller vessels (sail boats ranging from 40 to 160ft) in the past and cabins aft on these boats would have been not the best choice because of engine noise and movement of the boat ...

Ok ... QM2 is a 'bit bigger' compared what I am used to while crossing the Atlantic but still wonder if noise, movement could be an issue in cabin #6298.

Thanks!

Carsten

Hi

We were in cabin 6285 on starboard side and found this location to be just fine.

There is a door at the aft end of the corridor leading to the playzone, which you can use to get out to the pool, that deck pool is the kiddie pool but you can climb, if able, the 2 flights of outer metal stairs and be at the pool on deck 8, no walking through the ship in swim wear.

Easy access for the Brittania using the lift or 3 flights of stairs, after all that excercise no need to visit the torture chamber (gym)

The only thing i dont know about is as you are on the side where the drop off is for the play zone it may have more traffic, depends how many children on board, it is not school holidays usually at this time so should be ok.

Julie

We were the recipients of a lucky upgrade to QG cabin 9002, just next to the Commodore Club, and I was concerned because of the location. Needn't have worried. We returned from the Caribbean to New York in a force 10 gale and my (self poured) martini never spilled and the glass was steady as a rock. It was impressive.

I've stayed in cabins on deck 6 aft, and loved every day.

Never noticed any strong vibration, but there was a gentle "whine" coming from the propellors below. That was the only noise I've encountered down there.

Enjoy QM2 ... you'll fall in love with that ship! :)

Hi

Last year we were in cabin 5248, which is the second to last cabin aft on Deck 5. We didn't notice much noise or movement at all, but it was a long long way to the library at the other end of the ship.

i dont recall the number but we were once near stairway C which was far from the library BUT close to the food. this trip dec/jan QM2 we are closer to A stairway and further from the food....oh snap

Hi,

I still am puzzled if a cabin at the far end of the QM2 has any (big) drawback. Have (now) a reservation of cabin #6298 on the port side for the journey Hamburg - NYC starting May 20th ...

Thanks!

Carsten

Well, I have been in a cabin very near to yours on the same deck, about 20 m from the kids pool, and found it pretty comfortable. Granted, it was slightly noisier than I expected but it didnt disturb me even during the first night. Its a nice sound to make you fall asleep. There was no noise from neighbor cabins.

Hi Carsten,

I have just returned from a voyage on the QM2 Southampton/New York. We had cabin 5004 on Deck 5. This is the first cabin on the port side at the front of the ship. It was fine, but the first night out was pretty rough and we did get a bit of sway, but nothing very heavy. I hope this helps.

Archived