Horizon changing ports on Tuesday 4-24. Company cites port congestion in Cagliari!

Moviela

We are on this cruise, when were Carnival going to inform us. We nearly booked a private tour that day, from Cagliari, so glad we hadn't. Now 24 hours to try and find out what Messini has to offer.

Ummm, if you are on the cruise, you must know when Carnival notified you. Go with it, relax. Messina is a great place and the home place for cannoli's. If you want ideas of wha to do, please ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We haven't been informed by Carnival, and neither has my daughter who has a completely separate booking. I reckon we will probably just get off the ship, go for a wander through the town, little shopping, drink at a pavement café - and relax!

We used joe bananas in Messina and loved her (the one who took us around). We did some stuff around town, MT Aetna, and Taromina. Fantastic day and while not on his site (did not go there), just a quick search and there were openings for your day there.

We used joe bananas in Messina and loved her (the one who took us around). We did some stuff around town, MT Aetna, and Taromina. Fantastic day and while not on his site (did not go there), just a quick search and there were openings for your day there.

We booked Joey Bananas for next month at several ports and have heard great things about the company.

We are also on this cruise, and Carnival did inform us. They sent out an email with this letter.

Personally, I’m excited about the change. But bummed that my custom cruise shirt is now wrong since Cagliari will still be listed on it. [emoji6]

332ec4863d7ec44b534e7db178e223ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Naples and three other Italian ports. How can a boy from Brooklyn go wrong with a name like that:)

Ha' date=' if you use them, we arranged to go to Sorrento and Positano. If you do that, they have an option to go to lunch there, it was a hillside small place where the cook made the call on the food. Our group is still talking about it. I have a review I did here when we sailed the Vista that has pics. If it works, I would highly recommend it. I can point you to the pics if you want.

Ha, if you use them, we arranged to go to Sorrento and Positano. If you do that, they have an option to go to lunch there, it was a hillside small place where the cook made the call on the food. Our group is still talking about it. I have a review I did here when we sailed the Vista that has pics. If it works, I would highly recommend it. I can point you to the pics if you want.

Could you please let me have it. Thanks

The pics of the restaurant (I think you can see the name on the plates, but Joe bananas will know it) start on page 13. We see joe bananas for Messina, Rome and Naples. Again, the food (and we had some home grown italians traveling with us) was great.

The pics of the restaurant (I think you can see the name on the plates, but Joe bananas will know it) start on page 13. We see joe bananas for Messina, Rome and Naples. Again, the food (and we had some home grown italians traveling with us) was great.

Using them in Naples, Salerno and Messina. Nice pictures. Will speak to roll call and see what they think. Thanks for info.

Staying a couple of days in Rome and booked tours with a local tour company.

14 day cruise with Princess and should be an awesome one

We had this happen to us, and it was frustrating and disappointing. For us, it appeared to be due to the monstrous Harmony of the Seas taking over the port. Not cool for us to miss out just because they took over. In any case, I’m glad it actually worked out in your favor! Have fun!

Don't mean to butt in but if you used Italy tour sharing Joe Bananas the restaurant is LA Tagliata. We just did it on Horizon inaugural and food and views fantastic!

Don't mean to butt in but if you used Italy tour sharing Joe Bananas the restaurant is LA Tagliata. We just did it on Horizon inaugural and food and views fantastic!

Lol, thanks. I ended up googling it. It is a very special place.

After just getting off the Horizon and writing letters to the cruise director and Christine Duffy (who was sailing with us) I am not surprised by this at all and you should all count yourselves as lucky by this change.

Our return shuttle fiasco in Cagliari was a disaster and a downright dangerous situation. I am happy that this change was made so quickly... it is a shame, as Cagliari was beautiful and we loved the brief visit to Sardinia, but until the necessary steps are taken to ensure a safe shuttle back to the ship this is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do.